AC Milan confirm Shevchenko exit

Breaking News, BBC website:

AC Milan confirm Shevchenko exit

AC Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko will leave the club this summer.

The Serie A club offered the striker a contract extension until 2011 but vice president Adriano Galliani announced on Friday Shevchenko will leave the club.

Chelsea have been repeatedly linked with the Ukraine international.

I wonder where he'll end up..... :(

141820[/snapback]

Depends how the Andy Johnson saga goes. Whoever of Wigan or Bolton don't get AJ will probably go for Sheva methinks.

any more news on tevez? Im willing to bet that, although good, shevchenko isnt quite as immense as people make out, especially with the different style of play over here.

Then again he may score 35 goals next season.

quote either one in 12 months depnding on which is true

any more news on tevez? Im willing to bet that, although good, shevchenko isnt quite as immense as people make out, especially with the different style of play over here.

141844[/snapback]

Rumours due to Roman's connections with Corinthians he'll help Meelan get Tevez and Mascherano to soften the blow

141844[/snapback]

Rumours due to Roman's connections with Corinthians he'll help Meelan get Tevez and Mascherano to soften the blow

141847[/snapback]

Wonder why he doesn't get Tevez and Mascherano for Chelsea then. I'd rather have Tevez than Shevchenko, given their ages.

As much as it pains me that Chelsea have a bottomless pit of money (that's Chelsea, Leazes, not Newcastle), it'll be good to see a player of Schevchenko's quality playing in the Premiership next season.

However, this 5 year plan to make Chelsea profitable is looking more and more like it's total bullshit tbh.

As much as it pains me that Chelsea have a bottomless pit of money (that's Chelsea, Leazes, not Newcastle), it'll be good to see a player of Schevchenko's quality playing in the Premiership next season.

However, this 5 year plan to make Chelsea profitable is looking more and more like it's total bullshit tbh.

142169[/snapback]

That's why I have faith in this whole thing going horribly wrong for Chelsea in the not so distant future, I can't even see how they're going to pay back Abramovich, let alone maintain the wages if/when he pulls out. No-one within that setup gives a flying fuck about Chelsea in the long term as far as I can tell. At least Freddie cares about the club, which is why, I guess, we've been the fifth best club in the UK over the last decade.

142169[/snapback]

That's why I have faith in this whole thing going horribly wrong for Chelsea in the not so distant future, I can't even see how they're going to pay back Abramovich, let alone maintain the wages if/when he pulls out. No-one within that setup gives a flying fuck about Chelsea in the long term as far as I can tell. At least Freddie cares about the club, which is why, I guess, we've been the fifth best club in the UK over the last decade.

142173[/snapback]

They won't pay back Abramovich. At the moment, he's just swallowing the losses. What they have been doing behind the scenes is building up a large network of feeder clubs and positioning themselves to snap up the most promising youngsters.

At the moment, it's all about building up a profile, but they're planning to replenish the squad from youths they're trying to secure now. Arnesen found some of the greatest players of the last 20 years in Europe (Romario and Ronaldo for starters) and they'll hope that from the 10 great prospects he can sign for the price of Essien, 2 or 3 will come really good and they can recoup most of their outlay by selling the others.

They'll still have to cut their wage bill, but the money is being spent on building turnover and a support structure to maintain it. When the free money dries up, they won't be able to dominate like they have the past couple of years, but they will likely become a permanent fixture in the top 4.

I had a dream last night that he signed for us :nufc:

142380[/snapback]

That'll teach you for eating cheese before you go to bed !

They won't pay back Abramovich. At the moment, he's just swallowing the losses.

Where are you getting that from? I was under the impression that all money he had pumped into the company was in the form of loans, though I don't remember where I got that from, either...

As for the rest of it, I think you've painted a very idealistic scenario there. It reminds of the version of events a venture capitalist might be told. When they look to be paying 10 million to Man U over the Obi-Mikkel debacle, how much profit are they going to make? I'd also speculate football as a money-making enterprise is going to take a serious nose-dive in the next 5 years.

They won't pay back Abramovich. At the moment, he's just swallowing the losses. What they have been doing behind the scenes is building up a large network of feeder clubs and positioning themselves to snap up the most promising youngsters.

At the moment, it's all about building up a profile, but they're planning to replenish the squad from youths they're trying to secure now. Arnesen found some of the greatest players of the last 20 years in Europe (Romario and Ronaldo for starters) and they'll hope that from the 10 great prospects he can sign for the price of Essien, 2 or 3 will come really good and they can recoup most of their outlay by selling the others.

They'll still have to cut their wage bill, but the money is being spent on building turnover and a support structure to maintain it. When the free money dries up, they won't be able to dominate like they have the past couple of years, but they will likely become a permanent fixture in the top 4.

I think you are close but no cigar in your evaluation.

People worry about the G14 but it is obvious that they are nothing to what is happening under people's noses and they haven't realised.

Look at what is happening.

A russian consortium now owns Corinthians - effectively making it the richest club in South America.

A russian billionaire now owns a team in Israel, a friend of Roman's.

The mad Ukrainian owns the jambos, Roman has money in or owns Chelsea, PSV and CSKA. All that is missing is a Spanish, Italian and German team if you look at the top tier although if you look at those nations there are some dodgy characters there running teams and lastly we have an american that owns a very successful team that theoretically they could just pick up and relocate!

Super 14 anyone?

Looks like a bit of a monopoly doesn't it?

Also who hasn't been invited to the G14? Why?

Guest alex

141844[/snapback]

I reckon he'd find it easier to score here than in Italy.