Venables rejects Boro

Paul

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=39...+down+Boro+job#

Venables turns down Boro job

By Lewis Rutledge - Created on 26 May 2006

Terry Venables has turned down the chance to be Middlesbrough boss.

The former England boss has been heavily linked with the vacant post since Steve McClaren was confirmed as the next boss of the national team and had been widely expected to take the position.

Boro chairman Steve Gibson has made no secret of his admiration for El Tel, but also insisted that their search was at an early stage.

The board's attempts to get a new man in place have now suffered a setback with Venables' rejection.

Early indications are that the 63-year-old was reluctant to commit to such an important role at this time because of all his other responsibilities.

The race to be next Middlesbrough boss therefore remains wide open, with the likes of Alan Curbishley and Martin O'Neill thought to be in the running.

:(

Suppose he could be holding out for a place in the England set up..

What amazes me is the fact that Steve Gibson is such a great chairman that appoints great managers such as McLaren, Bryan Robson and the attempted appointment of Venables, yet our own chairman is the scum of the earth for not wanting such managers.......

Odd.

Still, theres no accounting for taste. Or inconsistent standards. Or behaving like a load of manure type fuckwit wankers who think they have a divine right to success to the extent they think its alright too boo at a testimonial for a great player in front of a world wide audience live on TV, towards the man or the club that they blame because we haven't won a trophy. Gloryseekers is the word that springs to mind.

One day, they may realise what a shit club REALLY is. Although, being a NUFC supporter I hope not, rather than say I told you so ........... which is what myself and others have been accused of for passing a [correct ] judgment on players such as Kluivert, Luque, Ameobi etc in the past, not to mention the managerial credentials of our dear departed sacked Scottish fuckwit cunt who left a "good dressing room" behind him.

:nufc:

Edited by LeazesMag

What amazes me is the fact that Steve Gibson is such a great chairman that appoints great managers such as McLaren, Bryan Robson and the attempted appointment of Venables, yet our own chairman is the scum of the earth for not wanting such managers.......

Odd.

Still, theres no accounting for taste. Or inconsistent standards. Or behaving like a load of manure type fuckwit  wankers who think they have a divine right to success to the extent they think its alright too boo at a testimonial for a great player in front of a world wide audience live on TV, towards the man or the club that they blame because we haven't won a trophy. Gloryseekers is the word that springs to mind.

One day, they may realise what a shit club REALLY is. Although, being a NUFC supporter I hope not, rather than say I told you so ........... which is what myself and others have been accused of for passing a [correct ] judgment on players such as Kluivert, Luque, Ameobi etc in the past, not to mention the managerial credentials of our dear departed sacked Scottish fuckwit cunt who left a "good dressing room" behind him.

142000[/snapback]

Fucking HUMONGOUS yawn tbh.

Odd.

Still, theres no accounting for taste. Or inconsistent standards. Or behaving like a load of manure type fuckwit  wankers who think they have a divine right to success to the extent they think its alright too boo at a testimonial for a great player in front of a world wide audience live on TV, towards the man or the club that they blame because we haven't won a trophy. Gloryseekers is the word that springs to mind.

142000[/snapback]

Fucking HUMONGOUS yawn tbh.

142170[/snapback]

I thought, or rather hoped, he was taking the piss.