Patrick Vieira

Scottish Mag

Newcastle are reportedly ready to make a £6million bid for Juventus midfielder Patrick Vieira.

The Daily Express claim that the Toon are interested in bring the former Arsenal lynchpin back to the Premiership.

Vieira, 31, only joined Juventus last summer but the Italian outfit are believed to be ready to sell if they get the right offer.

The French star's arrival at St James' Park would be a surprise - with United already well stocked with central midfielders.

Clubcall believes that Vieira's arrival would only be on the cards if United can offload high-earners such as Nicky Butt and Lee Bowyer.

Newcastle are reportedly ready to make a £6million bid for Juventus midfielder Patrick Vieira.

The Daily Express claim that the Toon are interested in bring the former Arsenal lynchpin back to the Premiership.

Vieira, 31, only joined Juventus last summer but the Italian outfit are believed to be ready to sell if they get the right offer.

The French star's arrival at St James' Park would be a surprise - with United already well stocked with central midfielders.

Clubcall believes that Vieira's arrival would only be on the cards if United can offload high-earners such as Nicky Butt and Lee Bowyer.

142064[/snapback]

TBH

I doubt they'd sell for 6 million, given what they paid for him.

142073[/snapback]

I rather imagine Newcastle signing him for 6m one week before Juve get relegated to Seria C and most players leave for ludicrous sums..

No thanks. Wouldnt want him for free.

142098[/snapback]

Aye, I would much rather have Nicky Butt and Amady Faye too.. :nufc:

142101[/snapback]

actually, if I was forced to chose between Vieira and Faye, i'd go with Faye. That's how much I hate the exGunner.

:D

The fact that it says he's 31 says it all

142087[/snapback]

It says that he's got 3 good seasons left in him. Nowt wrong with that.

142105[/snapback]

I believe it's because he's actually 29, not 31.

142107[/snapback]

Ah right. :nufc:

142087[/snapback]

It says that he's got 3 good seasons left in him. Nowt wrong with that.

142105[/snapback]

I believe it's because he's actually 29, not 31.

142107[/snapback]

Ah right. :nufc:

142109[/snapback]

142087[/snapback]

Beardsley signed for us a second time aged 32 and a mere £250K short of our record transfer value. We got four years out of him!

That said, I don't think Vieria is the same player he was a couple of years back and would have reservations about us going for him (everyone used to rave about Butt remember! :nufc:

What needs to be clear though is his age is not automatically a reason for discounting a player!

142087[/snapback]

Beardsley signed for us a second time aged 32 and a mere £250K short of our record transfer value. We got four years out of him!

That said, I don't think Vieria is the same player he was a couple of years back and would have reservations about us going for him (everyone used to rave about Butt remember! :D

What needs to be clear though is his age is not automatically a reason for discounting a player!

142153[/snapback]

Once again i'm going to dish out the :(

I was discrediting the article as he's 29 not 31! :nufc:

142087[/snapback]

That said, I don't think Vieria is the same player he was a couple of years back and would have reservations about us going for him (everyone used to rave about Butt remember! :D

142153[/snapback]

Once again i'm going to dish out the :(

I was discrediting the article as he's 29 not 31! :nufc:

142158[/snapback]

Fair dos......

I should read the rest of the thread, really :D

142098[/snapback]

142101[/snapback]

actually, if I was forced to chose between Vieira and Faye, i'd go with Faye. That's how much I hate the exGunner.

:(

142102[/snapback]

MattM4 in serious "I hate this player" shock...

Would you get a team together of 11 players you do actually like? :D

142098[/snapback]

142101[/snapback]

:(

142102[/snapback]

142177[/snapback]

:D ... yes

but to be fair, Vieira is probably in my top 1 hated players :D

142098[/snapback]

142101[/snapback]

142102[/snapback]

142177[/snapback]

:( ... yes

but to be fair, Vieira is probably in my top 1 hated players :D

142236[/snapback]

Do you have a top 1 hated player league table? :(

142087[/snapback]

That said, I don't think Vieria is the same player he was a couple of years back and would have reservations about us going for him (everyone used to rave about Butt remember! :nufc:

142153[/snapback]

Lets not compare butt and viera, its like comparing henry and heskey

even when butt was in his prime

viera is totally different class. the fact that we havent seen him for a year has made a lot of us forget how good he actually was.

Guest alex

Would be fantastic if we got him and Campbell like. It's been rumoured for a while that Juve may be prepared to let him go after just one season. Can't see us getting him though.