Soccer Aid

I'm watching it too, the Maradona jizz-fest is getting on my tits though, all that back slapping and hi-5's, personally I'd still like to kick the little bastard in the testicles after Mexico 86 !

Just going to start .. this could be fun.

Want to see how Rob WIlliams does, also that Nivola bloke (he was in Goal! right ?)

Ginola, Zola, Seaman ... cool

That twat Bryan McFadden needs a good shoeing, all of the other players/celebs seemed to have respected the fact that charity is the winner tonight and have taken in the occasion, but that fat twat is walking round with a face like a slapped arse.

Theakston was shite for the pen!

He wasnt even in the middle.

Charity 1 - 0 Football TBH.

A very good idea and better than fucking live 8

Did anyone else watching think Wilkes would be a better option up front for us than Ameobi?

Has Shola ever taken a goal as well as he did?

142148[/snapback]

Wilkes is a canny player! I didn't see the actual match tonight but I've been watching bits that have been on during the week and it was canny. Can we sign Zola please?! (And I don't mean Calvin!)

I seem to remember Wilkes scoring a canny goal at SJP during 'The Match' about 18 months ago as well!

Did they say he used to be on Everton's books? Ben Shepherd is a canny player as well! :nufc:

I seem to remember Wilkes scoring a canny goal at SJP during 'The Match' about 18 months ago as well!

Did they say he used to be on Everton's books? Ben Shepherd is a canny player as well! :D

142156[/snapback]

Aye, Wilkes scored a blinder in that game. Was that the one where they weren't sure if it was a shot or a cross but it went in spectacularly anyway? :nufc:

Did they say he used to be on Everton's books? Ben Shepherd is a canny player as well! :(

142156[/snapback]

Aye, Wilkes scored a blinder in that game. Was that the one where they weren't sure if it was a shot or a cross but it went in spectacularly anyway? :nufc:

142157[/snapback]

That's the one - scored against Peter Bonetti mind who's drawing his pension - Shay would have had it covered! :D

I've been watching soccer aid all week, i enjoyed it tbh (cept for the Maradona sucking up) Trust Swirvin' Irvine to walk out on it without a word to anyone though, obviously didnt much like the tackle he sustained giving him a bruised leg :D

I was well impressed with actors Damien Lewis and Dean Kelly (and not just because they happen to be two 'celebs' i think are gorgeous) :nufc: Lewis never stopped running and of course Ben Shepherd is a very good player as seen before.

El Tel obviously took the match more seriously....i rekon Wilkes and Shepherd could have had careers in football....i know wilkes was a young player and had some trials, wish he hadnt given up. (Ian Atkins sign them both for Torquay please)!!!

As someone has said, why has Zola retired? he's pure class, a real credit to the game.

The match was a bit boring, Wilkes' goal was pure class and Damien Lewis was impressive. Gullit proved he wouldn't know tactics if they gave him a funky haircut. Not fit to manage a charity team tbh.

Maradona may has well not turned up. I dont think he was in posession of the ball for more than 2 seconds the whole match, he played the makelele role. And the twst on his face any time someone touched him!

I would have liked to see him try a couple of tricks, especially as it was a charity match.

Robbie Williams isnt half as good as he thinks, That ginger lad on our team was pretty good, as were, kelly, wilkes and shephard.

The Rugby bloke was a decent CB too, Desaiily on the other hand got turned inside out a couple of times!