Toon cost me dream

Scottish Mag

Newcastle misfit Albert Luque believes moving to England cost him the chance of playing in this summer's World Cup.

And the Spaniard, while admitting he is happy to stay at United next season, has taken a swipe at Glenn Roeder by claiming he has had "problems" with the Newcastle boss.

"I don't know 100 per cent where my future lies," said Luque, who made just six Premiership starts and scored one goal in his first season in the Premiership following a £9.5 million move from Deportivo La Coruna.

"Things haven't gone as well as I wanted, but if I have to return to England, I'll happily do it.

"I've had problems with injuries and with the coach. But I am going to start next season at full fitness."

Luque's misery was compounded by his exclusion from Spain's squad for Germany 2006.

And he added: "The national coach has always favoured others more than me, but perhaps if I had stayed at Deportivo I would still be in the squad."

I've had problems with injuries and with the coach. But I am going to start next season at full fitness.

Souness, Roeder, or the seats weren't comfy enough?

This really is a nothing story...

Edited by DotBum

I really feel for the guy. He's been brought in as a panic guy for a fuckwit manager who had no clue where he played, then Roeder comes in and just overlooks him.

I don't know what the personal problem the two have with eachother is, but if Luque is going to stay it needs to stop, he needs to adjust to the english game and then we wouldn't have to splash a shitload of money on another totally unproven premiership striker.

Good God this whole saga has pissed me off. :nufc:

Didn't get a fair chance this season, like Kluivert last time round. Hope he stays and gets a good rund next season.

142237[/snapback]

At least from a transfer fee perspective, Kluivert cost us nothing, however, Luque cost us near on £10m, and we would face a huge loss on that if we were to sell him now, I say keep him, but give him a chance.

Not good enough anyway.

142186[/snapback]

Rubbish

You clearly didnt watch him at Deportivo. Having said that there's a chance that his game might not suit this league. However, towards the end of the season he showed signs that he could be coming around.

He hasnt had a chance, six starts for heavens sake and even those were with large gaps in between them.

Lets not judge him yet

Useless twat will be gone for a decent fee I hope. Meanwhile if he has problems with the "coach", I reckon he should get out and do a mechanics course or i fhe has a problem with his seat or something, he'll get a new spring for it, it might get him moving a bit quicker.

Luque has been a favourite player of mine for years, so when I saw he was going to sign for Newcastle nothing made me happier.

Seeing how Souness played him out of positions at times, and that horrific injury put a stop to his first season is unlucky.

I've seen what he can do with a ball, on more than one occasion, give him the chance upfront with Owen. I wont go as far as to guarantee it will work 100%, but I'm pretty sure it will work. :nufc:

And for the people saying hes rubbish, have you ever seen him play when hes been 100% fit or/and in position?

And for the people saying hes rubbish, have you ever seen him play when hes been 100% fit or/and in position?

142319[/snapback]

Which is?

Showed very little application when playing for us. Look disinterested.

This speaks volumes for me. Kluivert was the same.

They maybe two of the most talented footballers in the world but if they can't be fucked then they are a drain on the club financially and a bad example to the younger players.

Dyer you cock this applies to you also - except the talent bit!

Edited by sammynb

You get what you put into it.

Application. Desire. Call it what you want. Both essential. Without them, you are nothing.

No time for a chicken shit faint heart who can't be bothered to show himself for the ball and disappears for 88 minutes. And what he did in Spain is irrelevant if he doesn't want to adapt.

This topic has been grating upon me everytime I read it.

Luque you prick, it would be my dream to play for the toon!

If you don't realise how privilaged you are then fuck off.

Guest alex

I can see the relevance of having a go at Dyer in this thread. Only one page in too. Well done. :nufc:

Not a fan of Luque and agree with the comments about lack of application etc. I would get rid. Agree with Optimistic Nut's comments too. He doesn't even say "Toon cost me dream" does he?

142319[/snapback]

Which is?

142352[/snapback]

:nufc:

Nooooooooo!

142630[/snapback]

he's a proper player, and a replacement for Bellamy or Robert. And thats the price on his ticket.