Another Owen injury?

Teletext are reporting that Owen has a tight thigh muscle and has had a precautionary scan.

Shows the stupidity of only taking four forwards. Players (especially Owen) are bound to pick up knocks or niggles over the next few weeks.

England ace Michael Owen has suffered a new injury scare after pulling up in training.

Owen pulled up with a "tight thigh" during training on Monday for Tuesday's friendly clash with Hungary.

The Newcastle striker underwent a precautionary scan on the knock on Monday, but the results showed no damage.

Despite the scare Owen is expected to face Hungary at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.

Owen has been fighting for fitness after breaking a broken bone in his foot last New Year's Eve.

The former Liverpool man has started only one game this year and England are keen for him to feature in the friendlies so he can build on his fitness.

England boss Sven Goran Eriksson will be determined to have Owen fit as doubts continue to surround the participation of Wayne Rooney at the finals after a scan on his broken foot was moved forward.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Not suprised at all if this is true, I thought when he came off the pitch during the England B match that he didn't look happy, I was fully expecting a story the next day regarding an injury.

I'm off to see him tonight :D

Heard the news this morning that Sven is playing his best team, so I guess Owen's injury isn't too serious.

Watch for my pitch invasion when Lampard is within touching distance :nufc:

I'm off to see him tonight :D

Heard the news this morning that Sven is playing his best team, so I guess Owen's injury isn't too serious.

142627[/snapback]

Will you wear your Chelsea shirt? :(

I'm waiting for the pitchside mics to pick up the sound of a man with a Scunny accent shouting "Frank. I'll wait for you Frank! I love you!". Take a banner with "Have my babies, Lamps" on it, so we can recognise you. :nufc:

I'm off to see him tonight :(

142627[/snapback]

Will you wear your Chelsea shirt? :D

142650[/snapback]

Underneath my England shirt, if you want.

Oh and Gemmill, I don't have an accent :D

This is why Sven should take another forward (Defoe imo) and drop JJ out the squad.

142694[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly.

142697[/snapback]

I think those are the sentiments of the entire country, aside from the mad, the blind and Jemaine's 'girlfriend'.

BBC now reporting Owen probably won't play.

142723[/snapback]

Great, I get to see Peter Crouch then.

EDIT: By the way, what's the best way to get a camera in with me? Says on the tickets that no cameras are allowed.

BBC now reporting Owen probably won't play.

142723[/snapback]

Great, I get to see Peter Crouch then.

EDIT: By the way, what's the best way to get a camera in with me? Says on the tickets that no cameras are allowed.

142729[/snapback]

Just think 'Jenas' and substitute 'camera' for 'phone' :D

... allegedly :nufc:

England ace Michael Owen has suffered a new injury scare after pulling up in training.

Owen pulled up with a "tight thigh" during training on Monday for Tuesday's friendly clash with Hungary.

The Newcastle striker underwent a precautionary scan on the knock on Monday, but the results showed no damage.

Despite the scare Owen is expected to face Hungary at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.

Owen has been fighting for fitness after breaking a broken bone in his foot last New Year's Eve.

The former Liverpool man has started only one game this year and England are keen for him to feature in the friendlies so he can build on his fitness.

England boss Sven Goran Eriksson will be determined to have Owen fit as doubts continue to surround the participation of Wayne Rooney at the finals after a scan on his broken foot was moved forward.

:nufc:

142729[/snapback]

Turn up in cricket whites and put it down the front of your pants. Make sure you re-arrange it often so no steward is tempted to go there...

Watch for my pitch invasion when Lampard is within touching distance :lol:

142627[/snapback]

I'm waiting for the pitchside mics to pick up the sound of a man with a Scunny accent shouting "Frank.  I'll wait for you Frank!  I love you!".  Take a banner with "Have my babies, Lamps" on it, so we can recognise you. :rolleyes:

142653[/snapback]

There won't be a sound out of him- he'll just leap the barrier and hump his leg I reckon... at the very least.

:lol:

142861[/snapback]

well yeah as soon as he's injured, he's ours again :rolleyes: