You know whats coming here

LeazesMag

How about longer prison terms or much harsher sentences for violent criminals, and rehabilitation, where possible, for the rest?

Guest alex
How about longer prison terms or much harsher sentences for violent criminals, and rehabilitation, where possible, for the rest?

142669[/snapback]

Pretty much what I was thinking when I read it, particularly with regard to drug users. The present system doesn't work but I can't see anything radical being done in a hurry. A lot of hypocrisy is exists amongst politicians and the press would have a field day with any widespread schemes that provided addicts with, for example, heroin in order to help them kick the habit.

Its easy, introduce the death sentence. That would swipe off the top tier of criminals making more room for "lesser" crims. Oh, and Id take out all of their Xbox 360's and so on. If its good enough for prisoner cell block H then its good enough for them.

Its easy, introduce the death sentence .  That would swipe off the top tier of criminals making more room for "lesser" crims.  Oh, and Id take out all of their Xbox 360's and so on.  If its good enough for  prisoner cell block H then its good enough for them.

142690[/snapback]

Getting warm. Build more prisons with the saving on income tax too.

Its easy, introduce the death sentence.  That would swipe off the top tier of criminals making more room for "lesser" crims.  Oh, and Id take out all of their Xbox 360's and so on.  If its good enough for  prisoner cell block H then its good enough for them.

142690[/snapback]

Who the fuck in prison has an xbox360?

put tv cameras in the prisons, put weapons in the prisons,

have Hurricane #1 play "only the strongest will survive" as the theme tune,

sit back and enjoy proper tv :nufc:

We have the highest prison per capita population in western europe and surprise, surprise one of the highest crime rates. America with the death penalty is number 1 for both.

So one doesn't seem to have "fixed" the other does it?

I know lets build more.

We have the highest prison per capita population in western europe and surprise, surprise one of the highest crime rates. America with the death penalty is number 1 for both.

So one doesn't seem to have "fixed" the other does it?

I know lets build more.

142953[/snapback]

Correct. Build more, feed them bread and water, and make them break rocks 16 hours a day.

And ... shoot them if they try to escape. That'll stop them re-offending. Guaranteed.

sure fire way to reduce the number of petty criminals is to vastly improve the facilites and abilities of the education system

The film battle royale has the answer. Instead of school kids put all the worst criminal vermin on and island with weapons and the final sole survivor gets his freedom. Though of course the funny bit is he doesn't, he gets excecuted!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

First of all I'd take away the bloody ping pong tables and the TV's and make prison a place you never ever want to go back to in a million years, and end the "time off for good behaviour" farce, after all isn't good behaviour expected ??