Pop from a can vs. Pop from a bottle

Gemmill

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...urge?

good god woman tek a trip to Anne Summers shop, you're like a... well you're like a cross between jimbo and brock!

also the wine taste thing, you can even feel the texture of the drink is different, red wines are generally heavier, thicker on the tongue, more tannin(sp?)-ey

There is blatantly a difference tbh.  Renton's taste buds are shot from the roast puffin.

143245[/snapback]

... most people cannot tell the difference between white and red wine under these circumstances....

143259[/snapback]

bollocks :lol:

143267[/snapback]

It's a rare occurance but I'm agreeing with the Fish here :rolleyes:

Wine is disgusting.  :rolleyes:

143278[/snapback]

neophyte

don't worry, you are young, but you will learn.

just don't drink wine to get hammered, it really adds to a good meal, especially if you know enough about the stuff to get complimentary flavours.

if I drink too much red wine it gives me a stonking hangover though :lol:

...urge?

good god woman tek a trip to Anne Summers shop, you're like a... well you're like a cross between jimbo and brock!

also the wine taste thing, you can even feel the texture of the drink is different, red wines are generally heavier, thicker on the tongue, more tannin(sp?)-ey

143279[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

you know perfectly well what i meant :lol:

Agree on the wine taste though, red wine is so totally different from white you just couldnt make that mistake :lol:

White wine's cold.  Piece of piss tbh.

143293[/snapback]

unless you're a heathen like me and enjoy red wine cold too :lol:

Funny how tastes change, i'd never touch red wine, thought it all tasted like vinegar....(though i know some really do) , i now love the South African and Californian wines. But the best red i've tried was from Limassol, Cyprus.

143293[/snapback]

Actually, I think that was the point in this test - they chilled the red and most people couldn't tell the difference. Then again, they might have been phillistines like Brock.

143293[/snapback]

unless you're a heathen like me and enjoy red wine cold too :rolleyes:

Funny how tastes change, i'd never touch red wine, thought it all tasted like vinegar....(though i know some really do) , i now love the South African and Californian wines. But the best red i've tried was from Limassol, Cyprus.

143298[/snapback]

Cypriot wine? Fuck off! :lol:

Guest alex

143293[/snapback]

143298[/snapback]

Not known for its great wine tbh. You don't think it might have had something to do with being on holiday in Cyprus when you tried it do you? :lol:

Wine is disgusting.  :rolleyes:

143278[/snapback]

Not old enough to drink it, let alone appreciate it!

143284[/snapback]

It's too dry and urgh it's just horrible stuff. Stains too.

143288[/snapback]

Best stick to Kia Ora for a while, eh Brock?? :lol:

143293[/snapback]

143298[/snapback]

143302[/snapback]

yeah i thought that too (and still do) untill i tasted this particular wine, gorgeous! Its just a small region where its made apparantely, and not in enough quantity to export.

143293[/snapback]

143298[/snapback]

Not known for its great wine tbh. You don't think it might have had something to do with being on holiday in Cyprus when you tried it do you? :lol:

143303[/snapback]

:rolleyes: cos i wasnt there, i dont fly :rolleyes: My friend bought me some back.

143293[/snapback]

143298[/snapback]

143302[/snapback]

yeah i thought that too (and still do) untill i tasted this particular wine, gorgeous! Its just a small region where its made apparantely, and not in enough quantity to export.

143308[/snapback]

Has the added advantage of running your car too if you run out of petrol.

GF, I know what I heard, just because I can't cite it doesn't mean I'm losing my marbles!

143293[/snapback]

143298[/snapback]

143302[/snapback]

Remember that little point that she drinks the stuff cold! :rolleyes:

yeah i thought that too (and still do)  untill i tasted this particular wine, gorgeous! Its just a small region where its made apparantely, and not in enough quantity to export.

143308[/snapback]

how very convenient :lol:

T-R man, do you know how much you're missing out on by not flying? :lol: Get pissed and get on a plane man! Get your husband to do the BA Baracus trick on you or something.

T-R man, do you know how much you're missing out on by not flying? :lol:  Get pissed and get on a plane man!  Get your husband to do the BA Baracus trick on you or something.

143317[/snapback]

The worst that can happen is you suffer a protracted, painful, terrifying death, but if that happened you'd have the benefit of becoming a toontastic legend!

T-R man, do you know how much you're missing out on by not flying? :lol:  Get pissed and get on a plane man!  Get your husband to do the BA Baracus trick on you or something.

143317[/snapback]

The worst that can happen is you suffer a protracted, painful, terrifying death, but if that happened you'd have the benefit of becoming a toontastic legend!

143321[/snapback]

You wouldn't feel a thing though! (© RobW 2006)

:rolleyes:

143317[/snapback]

143321[/snapback]

You don't feel a thing according to Rob Dub.

Guest alex

Sorry, forgot you didn't fly T-R. I've been to Cyprus and (as with everywhere I go) I tried the local plonk but it's nowt special (being kind) in my opinion. I'm sure the odd small wine maker will produce nice stuff though. By the way, has anyone been on holiday in Greece and stumbled across those little rural shops where they sell their own produce? We saw one in Corfu where they sold lush honey and olives but we skipped the vino as the bloke had a big photo of him in a massive barrel crushing the grapes with his feet. Ffs! :lol:

yeah i thought that too (and still do)  untill i tasted this particular wine, gorgeous! Its just a small region where its made apparantely, and not in enough quantity to export.

143308[/snapback]

how very convenient :rolleyes:

143316[/snapback]

oiii dont knock it untill you've tried it :rolleyes: I've tried other cypriot wines which werent good, but this one was.

Gemmill, i know how much im missing with my fear of flying, hubby wont fly either :fuk:

I've missed so many free holidays with my best friend because of it, her brother in law is the Greek Ambassador at the moment in Qatar, shes there now and i could have gone too...previously she visited them twice in New york and i missed that too :lol:

And now i could fly to Newcastle from Exeter and get to more games :lol: You have no idea how annoyed i get with myself :slap: