Pop from a can vs. Pop from a bottle

Gemmill

Sorry, forgot you didn't fly T-R. I've been to Cyprus and (as with everywhere I go) I tried the local plonk but it's nowt special (being kind) in my opinion. I'm sure the odd small wine maker will produce nice stuff though. By the way, has anyone been on holiday in Greece and stumbled across those little rural shops where they sell their own produce? We saw one in Corfu where they sold lush honey and olives but we skipped the vino as the bloke had a big photo of him in a massive barrel crushing the grapes with his feet. Ffs! :lol:

143328[/snapback]

I had some locally produced wine in Corfu once in a restaurant - possibly the worst thing I have ever tasted. They tried to give me more the next day and took umbrage when I made my excuses....

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, forgot you didn't fly T-R. I've been to Cyprus and (as with everywhere I go) I tried the local plonk but it's nowt special (being kind) in my opinion. I'm sure the odd small wine maker will produce nice stuff though. By the way, has anyone been on holiday in Greece and stumbled across those little rural shops where they sell their own produce? We saw one in Corfu where they sold lush honey and olives but we skipped the vino as the bloke had a big photo of him in a massive barrel crushing the grapes with his feet. Ffs! :lol:

143328[/snapback]

Nice....

Next time you're sampling a nice bottle of red and you think you see bits of cork float in it, think again........ :rolleyes:

T-R man, do you know how much you're missing out on by not flying? :rolleyes:  Get pissed and get on a plane man!  Get your husband to do the BA Baracus trick on you or something.

143317[/snapback]

The worst that can happen is you suffer a protracted, painful, terrifying death, but if that happened you'd have the benefit of becoming a toontastic legend!

143321[/snapback]

I dont rekon that would happen Renton, im not even in the clique :lol:

But thanks for the reassuring words :lol:

Gemmill, i know how much im missing with my fear of flying, hubby wont fly either  :rolleyes:

143329[/snapback]

Plane wouldn't take off tbh. :lol:

Did you meet at a flightophobia support group or something? That's bizarre that you both have a fear of it.

Gemmill, i know how much im missing with my fear of flying, hubby wont fly either  :lol:

143329[/snapback]

Did you meet at a flightophobia support group or something? That's bizarre that you both have a fear of it.

143334[/snapback]

Put the Fish on the other side of the aisle as counter balance! :rolleyes:

Gemmill, i know how much im missing with my fear of flying, hubby wont fly either  :lol:

143329[/snapback]

143334[/snapback]

143336[/snapback]

Counter balance?! Flying round in circles tbh.

Gemmill, i know how much im missing with my fear of flying, hubby wont fly either  :rolleyes:

143329[/snapback]

143334[/snapback]

They may feed each others fear. I'm finally over my fear of flying thank God.

143329[/snapback]

143334[/snapback]

143336[/snapback]

Counter balance?! Flying round in circles tbh.

143337[/snapback]

Should create a decent centre of gravity mind :rolleyes:

:lol:

T-R have you tried hypnotherapy to get rid of your phobia?

that hypnotist off the tele has self help tapes and books that could be of assistance aswell.

not Derren BRown... what's his fucking name man!

PAUL Mc-fucking-Kenna... that's the bugger

143329[/snapback]

Plane wouldn't take off tbh. :rolleyes:

143334[/snapback]

Funnily enough its not really an issue, i suppose we do make each other worse though :slap: I am seriously thinking of flying up to Toon next time though, as it will be a short flight.....you lot will have to buy me a few red wines after though :lol:

T-R have you tried hypnotherapy to get rid of your phobia?

that hypnotist off the tele has self help tapes and books that could be of assistance aswell.

not Derren BRown... what's his fucking name man!

PAUL Mc-fucking-Kenna... that's the bugger

143343[/snapback]

No, i'm rather sceptical about hypnotists, though i suppose some are for real...its not so much getting on the plane, but my fear of heights and enclosed spaces that panic me, imagine if we take off and i have a panic attack because of my 'phobias' :rolleyes: there would be nothing i could do to get off, thats what scares me most....i never put myself in any situation where i cant be in control of myself.

By the way, GF has BLATANTLY got McKenna's "I can make you thin" tape. :lol:

143347[/snapback]

now if that were true you wouldn't persist in pushing this rediculous "He's a fat porker" rumour around, now would you.

sisters got his book mind.

mam and dad got her it for Xmas, there's a photo of her moo-ing on a slab of Xmas cake while flicking through the pages. I was pissing myself laughing tbf

Hypnotherapists can be dodgey but if they're accredited and don't make any wild promises they can be a massively effective way of breaking past any psychological barriers you've created for yourself.

I was contemplating going to a Hypnotherapist to help with dealing with my lack of focus and determination.

couldn't afford it though, £40 a session on a students pay is too much

143328[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

ewww alex, i hope to god thats not how the Limmasol wine was made :lol: thats put me right off!!! Not that i can get anymore, unless my friend goes back!

Guest alex

143328[/snapback]

I had some locally produced wine in Corfu once in a restaurant - possibly the worst thing I have ever tasted. They tried to give me more the next day and took umbrage when I made my excuses....

143330[/snapback]

Retsina with 7-Up is ok :rolleyes:

By the way, GF has BLATANTLY got McKenna's "I can make you thin" tape. :rolleyes:

143347[/snapback]

now if that were true you wouldn't persist in pushing this rediculous "He's a fat porker" rumour around, now would you.

mam and dad got her it for Xmas, there's a photo of her moo-ing on a slab of Xmas cake while flicking through the pages. I was pissing myself laughing tbf

Hypnotherapists can be dodgey but if they're accredited and don't make any wild promises they can be a massively effective way of breaking past any psychological barriers you've created for yourself.

I was contemplating going to a Hypnotherapist to help with dealing with my lack of focus and determination.

143349[/snapback]

i could afford it, have to say its tempting to try it. A friend and i were talking about this the other day actually. Im scared about what might come out though :lol: I have no idea why i have so many fears :rolleyes: I cant ever go in a lift, so how the hell could i even get on a plane? Im useless :lol:

143349[/snapback]

Why on earth would you want to rid yourself of that? It's a gift, not a curse.

By the way, GF has BLATANTLY got McKenna's "I can make you thin" tape. :rolleyes:

143347[/snapback]

143349[/snapback]

i could afford it, have to say its tempting to try it. A friend and i were talking about this the other day actually. Im scared about what might come out though :lol: I have no idea why i have so many fears :slap: I cant ever go in a lift, so how the hell could i even get on a plane? Im useless :rolleyes:

143352[/snapback]

mate of mine has the same phobias as yourself, we booked a mini trip to Rome last year ( easyjet thing) so she went to a hypno wotsit for about 5 sessions, drank a bottle of Bachs rescue remedy, had two Temazapan then got right up to the departure gate and couldn't do it. She broke down in tears and ended up getting her son to come and pick her up from the airport ( just after we emptied her bag of the wine she was carrying so we could could share it on the plane ) :lol:

I think some people just are'nt meant to fly ... :fuk:

TR

it could be something massive, some horrific incident from your past that has manifest as some fear of closed spaces... or it could be nowt.

either way it's best to get it sorted. Some Hypnotherapists won't even sit you down for a session, just give you a few breathing exercises to do pre-flight and tell you to fuck off and stop wasting their time :lol:

the only reason I wanted to get shot of the procrastination demon is that I want to earn more than me dad... and he's one of those annoying bastards who's worked hard every day of his life..

you know the type, 28 hours down the pit a day 9 days a weeks, paying pit owner for the privilege..

:rolleyes: tosser

TR

it could be something massive, some horrific incident from your past that has manifest as some fear of closed spaces... or it could be nowt.

either way it's best to get it sorted. Some Hypnotherapists won't even sit you down for a session, just give you a few breathing exercises to do pre-flight and tell you to fuck off and stop wasting their time :rolleyes:

the only reason I wanted to get shot of the procrastination demon is that I want to earn more than me dad... and he's one of those annoying bastards who's worked hard every day of his life..

you know the type, 28 hours down the pit a day 9 days a weeks, paying pit owner for the privilege..

:lol: tosser

143357[/snapback]

perhaps thats your real underlying issue? :lol:

Edited by Toonraider

143347[/snapback]

143349[/snapback]

i could afford it, have to say its tempting to try it. A friend and i were talking about this the other day actually. Im scared about what might come out though :lol: I have no idea why i have so many fears :fuk: I cant ever go in a lift, so how the hell could i even get on a plane? Im useless :rolleyes:

143352[/snapback]

mate of mine has the same phobias as yourself, we booked a mini trip to Rome last year ( easyjet thing) so she went to a hypno wotsit for about 5 sessions, drank a bottle of Bachs rescue remedy, had two Temazapan then got right up to the departure gate and couldn't do it. She broke down in tears and ended up getting her son to come and pick her up from the airport ( just after we emptied her bag of the wine she was carrying so we could could share it on the plane ) :lol:

I think some people just are'nt meant to fly ... :angry:

143356[/snapback]

i think maybe you're right Radgina, it took me long enough to get on a ferry ffs!! :slap:

I think some people just are'nt meant to fly ... :slap:

143356[/snapback]

:lol: Thanks... you're a big help :rolleyes:

bliddy women.

to go to a hypnotherapist for 5 sessions, then throw stuff down your throat pre-flight makes me guess that she never really believed in the hypnotherapy, nor that she could fly.

one of those people who cut their nose off to spite their face tbh.

but obviously I don't know her so I.. could be wrong.

(doubt it though :rolleyes: )

Aye, I'm sure part of the process is to try and stay calm and level-headed about the whole thing. Getting blotto and flinging temazepam down her neck was probably totally counterproductive.

Aye, I'm sure part of the process is to try and stay calm and level-headed about the whole thing.  Getting blotto and flinging temazepam down her neck was probably totally counterproductive.

143363[/snapback]

Agreed, IF i do it, i want to be totally aware of whats going on and in complete control of myself and my feelings.