Pop from a can vs. Pop from a bottle

Gemmill

perhaps thats your real underlying issue?  :lol:

143359[/snapback]

aye but my underlying issue is having a positive effect.

wanting to out-do me dad.

I could have gone the other way and hidden in his shadow making the excuse that I could never outshine him.

bollocks to that, I'm better than him, just need the pay-packet to prove it :rolleyes:

and Gemmil's right, I'll wager the hypnotherapist never suggested getting off her tits before climbing aboard.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps thats your real underlying issue?  :lol:

143359[/snapback]

aye but my underlying issue is having a positive effect.

wanting to out-do me dad.

I could have gone the other way and hidden in his shadow making the excuse that I could never outshine him.

bollocks to that, I'm better than him, just need the pay-packet to prove it :rolleyes:

and Gemmil's right, I'll wager the hypnotherapist never suggested getting off her tits before climbing aboard.

143367[/snapback]

money doesn't maketh the man!!

Just be yourself, why try to outshine/out earn your dad? Live your life your way tbh.

Canny weird obsession that like GF, wanting to out-earn your dad. I know it's probably not really an obsession, but it's never something that's really occured to me before. Is he always on at you or something?

money doesn't maketh the man!!

Just be yourself, why try to outshine/out earn your dad? Live your life your way tbh.

nice

read that in a birthday card? :lol:

money might not maketh the man, but it sure as hell maketh life eathier, it's a sad fact but success is more and more measured upon the wonga in your wallet.

anyhoo it's not like it's an all encompassing need, just a direction and it's not exactly a bad aim to have.

surpass my dad? I'm sure he'd want me to do that aswell.

Gem, He's not "on at me" but he does encourage and support me in surpassing him.

Edited by Geordie Fish

I think it's being blown out of all proportion tbh.

is everybody telling me that they didn't want to move on to bigger and better things? I guess I've just got that kind of ambition. me and my dad have an awesome relationship, I just want to make him proud I guess.

nice

read that in a birthday card? :rolleyes:

money might not maketh the man, but it sure as hell maketh life eathier, it's a sad fact but success is more and more measured upon the wonga in your wallet.

anyhoo it's not like it's an all encompassing need, just a direction and it's not exactly a bad aim to have.

surpass my dad? I'm sure he'd want me to do that aswell.

143372[/snapback]

no didnt read it in a birthday card, its called being older than you and having learnt what is really important in life! :lol:

thats fine if its just an aim giving you direction in life, i sensed you sounded slightly bitter?? it sounded slightly unhealthy No offence meant!

Edited by Toonraider

no offense taken, was a light hearted jibe at my dad who light heaterdly likes to remind me how hard he works.

me and my dad have an awesome relationship, I just want to make him proud I guess.

143377[/snapback]

And you took the piss out of T-R for something coming off a birthday card?! Captain Hallmark tbh. :lol:

Aren't you doing a psychology degree though GF?

Now I do mean no offence but if so there is a fair chance you will end up a low earner. Personally I reckon there's nothing wrong with that like.

I am seriously thinking of flying up to Toon next time though, as it will be a short flight

143346[/snapback]

Personally I find the short-haul domestic flights the worst of the worst. From experience I've found a as a general rule, the further you're travelling, the more comfortable and more relaxed I feel...

oh and p.s. it would take a lot for me to get on a ferry too...

143368[/snapback]

A winch? :rolleyes:

:lol:

143384[/snapback]

I knew as soon as I submit that it would come back to bite me in the ass :rolleyes::lol:

I am seriously thinking of flying up to Toon next time though, as it will be a short flight

143346[/snapback]

Personally I find the short-haul domestic flights the worst of the worst. From experience I've found a as a general rule, the further you're travelling, the more comfortable and more relaxed I feel...

143387[/snapback]

Personally I have to say that really is utter bollocks. The further you go the longer you are on the metal tube of death.

143346[/snapback]

143387[/snapback]

:lol: thought we' d got off my flying fears!! I suppose it wouldnt really matter if its a short flight, once im up there, infact, i was told the short haul flights use rattley small planes :lol::rolleyes:

143346[/snapback]

143387[/snapback]

:lol: thought we' d got off my flying fears!! I suppose it wouldnt really matter if its a short flight, once im up there, infact, i was told the short haul flights use rattley small planes :lol::rolleyes:

143391[/snapback]

Get a 737 or bigger and they're much the same.

143346[/snapback]

143387[/snapback]

Personally I have to say that really is utter bollocks. The further you go the longer you are on the metal tube of death.

143390[/snapback]

You're not helping :rolleyes::lol:

Now I do mean no offence but if so there is a fair chance you will end up a low earner. Personally I reckon there's nothing wrong with that like.

143385[/snapback]

if you only use psychology as a facet of the business then yeah you're not really going to break into the big money. But Psycho-Therapy is a rapidly expanding business in Europe and, in the States it's already firmly established. The costs are low, (you don't need a lot of materials :lol: ) once you're established you can pretty much charge what-ever you like.

you can of course branch off into business if you want but the real progress is to be made with the private clients.

PS..... as barrack room psychologist, can GF also confirm that this complex is ultimately connected to a desire to bump ugly with your mother. Sicko tbh.

Renton, how did your fear of flying used to manifest itself? Are you completely over it or do you still cry like a newborn baby from the minute the seat belts light goes on? :lol:

Guest alex

143385[/snapback]

As a mature student too, he's nee Gordon Gecko like :lol:

whey it's well known the the plane is a phallic symbol so TR might not actually be afraid of planes, it maybe a fear of the penis.

she also said she doesn't like small places, so maybe it's something about her first sexual experience?

the height thing could be anything really, but I'm going to suggest that perhaps her first sexual experience was with Peasepud, his cessna terrified her, and when he lay atop of her she felt like she the whole world was coming in around her ears....

.....maybe

143346[/snapback]

143387[/snapback]

143390[/snapback]

Absolute horse-shit! Do Southampton to Edinburgh in a BAE 1-11 and then tell me a Boeing is worse!

Further you go, the bigger the plane and therefore the smoother the journey.

I bet you're one of these freaks who reckons a Fiat Panda offers the same comfort as a Bentley, aren't you Renton? :lol: