Ian Dowie What A

Wasn't the departure of Dowie 'very' mutual? I seem to recall that Jordan said it was as much to do with him wanting a change of manager as with Dowie wanting away..... :nufc:

Palace take action against Dowie

Crystal Palace have taken legal action against their former manager Iain Dowie, who has been unveiled as the new boss of Charlton.

Palace chairman Simon Jordan confirmed the club served Dowie with a writ for "fraudulent statements about his reasons for leaving the club".

Full story to follow.

I think the whole thing speaks vollumes of both parties, a pair of cnuts between them !

I'm no legal expert, but I don't think Jordan's got a case. If I wanted to leave my job and I thought it would be easier to tell my boss some cobblers, I'm not doing anything illegal. It's up to Dowie what he tells Jordan.

Guest alex
Jordan said he left for family reasons but i dont recall hearing Dowie say anything of the sort

142766[/snapback]

Well he was sat next to Jordan at the press conference when he was saying that so if it wasn't true he could have let everyone know then.

Jordan said he left for family reasons but i dont recall hearing Dowie say anything of the sort

142766[/snapback]

Well he was sat next to Jordan at the press conference when he was saying that so if it wasn't true he could have let everyone know then.

142768[/snapback]

:nufc:

The midwife must have used some fuckin strength on the forceps when pulling Dowie's heed out the birth canal (that's fanny to the numb-nuts!). Christ, the distortions!! :nufc:

Is it true Mr Potato Head was modelled on Dowie??

Anyway, this is the type of pantomime you would expect us to be involved in.

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has moved to issue a writ against new Charlton Athletic boss Iain Dowie.

Jordan's lawyers moved to issue the papers in dramatic fashion at the press conference unveiling the former Eagles manager as Charlton's replacement for Alan Curbishley on Tuesday.

When leaving Palace, it had been suggested that Dowie was keen to head closer to his family in the North of England and his decision to remain in London has prompted Jordan to bring in his legal team.

"We served the writ on Iain because he does not tell the truth," Jordan told Sky Sports News from his holiday home in Marbella. "He fraudulently obtained a release from his contract under misrepresentation.

"For me to be able to serve a writ, I have to have had knowledge of what Iain was doing.

"I think it needs to be put in the public domain the level of deceit which has been used. My football club waived compensation because the man said he wanted to go back to the North.

"He specifically told me on the Friday before the Palace press conference that he would not be going to Charlton because of his relationship with Palace and the credibility he would lose by doing so.

"I released him from a £1 million compensation clause for him to do the very thing he said he was not going to do. There is a law in this country called misrepresentation and Iain has breached it and now he is going to understand the reality of what that means."

Jordan's representative burst into the press conference to unveil Dowie as Charlton's new manager and the Palace supremo was unrepentant over the course of events.

"If they had been a little politer at Charlton and let him in and not been so heavy handed, he might have been able to serve it in an orderly fashion," said Jordan. "But being Charlton and me being a big fan of them apparently, they did things in a certain way.

"For the last two-and-a-half years the media has had an inside track on our relationship and it had been reported as fractious. Now with due respect, if you are lied to and somebody is trying to leg you over by getting out of a contract to their own advantage and tells you bear-faced lies, and turns up at the very place he said he wasn't going to go, are you going to be worried about good feeling between yourselves?

"The reality of it is, is that Iain Dowie had a £1 million compensation clause in his contract. I insisted on it, I negotiated it with Mick McGuire. It took weeks to get it in because he did not want it put in, so there is no reason in God's green earth why I would have taken it out besides goodwill because Iain wanted to raise his family and because I am empathetic to the fact he was telling me he didn't see his kids and I will prove that.

"The reality of it is he attained a release from his contract by misrepresenting his position. The sole reason Iain Dowie was released from his contract was because he told me he wanted to go to the North. In return for that, ie. being an empathetic employer and understanding Iain, despite people's perception of me, I believed that he was going back to the North to be with his family.

"That was the only reason why I would waive the compensation clause in his contract and well he knows it."

Jordan is convinced he has a cast-iron case, as he added: "I would not issue a writ through my lawyers on a point of principle. I will issue a writ on a point of law because points of principle are expensive as Iain will find out."

Guest alex
The midwife must have used some fuckin strength on the forceps when pulling Dowie's heed out the birth canal (that's fanny to the numb-nuts!). Christ, the distortions!! :nufc:

Is it true Mr Potato Head was modelled on Dowie??

Anyway, this is the type of pantomime you would expect us to be involved in.

142773[/snapback]

I thought Mr Potato Head was modelled on Gordon Ramsay.

Unless Jordan can prove that there was contact from Charlton prior to Dowie leaving the club, and that he misrepresented his position to get around the compensation clause fully intending to take the job at Charlton, then I'm not sure he has a case. It might have been wise to leave it a bit longer before taking the job though.

Unless Jordan can prove that there was contact from Charlton prior to Dowie leaving the club, and that he misrepresented his position to get around the compensation clause fully intending to take the job at Charlton, then I'm not sure he has a case.  It might have been wise to leave it a bit longer before taking the job though.

142782[/snapback]

totally agree....

Jordan has said he 'waived' a £1m compensation clause because he was not planning on going elsewhere - at the time, Dowie wasn't going elsewhere (he said he didn't talk to Charlton until a couple of days after that press conference). Sorry, but to me it's a massive amount of naivity on Simon Jordan's part....

He left the club by mutual consent - whatever happens AFTER he leaves the club (who mutually agreed to the seperation) is fuck all to do with Simon Jordan - morally he may be wrong, legally he is not IMO.

Jordan didn't seem that bothered that he was leaving to me...

Legally, parts of contracts are still in place AFTER someone has left their job.

Just in case people didn't realise......

142803[/snapback]

Yeah they are, anti-compete clauses prevent someone from joining a competitor, but I don't see how you could apply that to football seen as every club is effectively a competitor so it would be restriction of trade.

I suggest he (Jordan) goes and reads Howard Hughes's or Terry Brown's autobiographies (particularly the chapters on how to keep a low profile), undyes his hair, and then gets on the phone, on his knees and begs Ron Noades to sell him Selhurst Park.

:nufc::D:(

Legally, parts of contracts are still in place AFTER someone has left their job.

Just in case people didn't realise......

142803[/snapback]

Aye, but I think we're talking of a bruised ego here, rather than binding contracts being broken.....

"We served the writ on Iain because he does not tell the truth," Jordan told Sky Sports News from his holiday home in Marbella. "He fraudulently obtained a release from his contract under misrepresentation.

"For me to be able to serve a writ, I have to have had knowledge of what Iain was doing.

"I think it needs to be put in the public domain the level of deceit which has been used. My football club waived compensation because the man said he wanted to go back to the North.

"He specifically told me on the Friday before the Palace press conference that he would not be going to Charlton because of his relationship with Palace and the credibility he would lose by doing so.

"I released him from a £1 million compensation clause for him to do the very thing he said he was not going to do. There is a law in this country called misrepresentation and Iain has breached it and now he is going to understand the reality of what that means."