Rodrigo y Gabriela

luckyluke

Went to see these two last night. They're a mexican guitar duo, who cite Led Zeppelin and Metallica as their influences. On the stage it's just the two of them and their acoustic guitars, which they fully utilise for some truly breathtaking songs, which they play in between the story of how they came from being in a Mexican thrash metal band to playing at every Irish wedding, to selling out venues across Europe.

Check their website, www.rodgab.com, and see if they're playing near you soon, they're absolutley fucking brilliant.

They were on Jools Holland a couple of weeks back.

Canny

142758[/snapback]

Really?

142763[/snapback]

Sorry, credit where it's due, I only know that courtesy of Mr 4ever. He's a ledge.

The pisser is, after all the bother you went to, the BBC have only now decided to add Jools Holland to the re-watch facility on their website. :nufc:

Nice one Luke, I saw these guys on Irish television a couple of years ago and wanted to get some of their stuff but couldn't remember who they were. Lovely stuff.

They were on Jools Holland a couple of weeks back.

Canny

142758[/snapback]

Really?

142763[/snapback]

Sorry, credit where it's due, I only know that courtesy of Mr 4ever. He's a ledge.

The pisser is, after all the bother you went to, the BBC have only now decided to add Jools Holland to the re-watch facility on their website. :(

142770[/snapback]

:nufc::D

Nee bother.

If these are the guitarists I think they are ... saw them on the Jools program a few weeks ago, and I thought they were pretty amazing.

Thanks for their names, will be looking into them.

EDIT, yes it is:

200x200.jpeg

very cool