Massacre by US Troops in Iraq

Guest alex

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just out of curiosity I'd quite like Renton to summarise any suggestions he has, of how to "solve" the situation.

then I'd quite Like LM to do the same.

I don't want to see the words bigot, do gooder, left wing right wing sandalista or idiot, or anything but an answer to that simple question.

Neither of you need mention the other.

and Yes, I know it's been said before, but to be honest I don't want to trawl these 13 pages fishing useful sentiment from different posts for two reasons, 1) I don't want to misinterpret or falsely represent your opinion and 2) I can't be arsed.

144977[/snapback]

I've already said I don't have the answers to the problem in Iraq GF. If I did I would hardly be at my job writing on an internet messageboard, would I? I don't think there are any answers now.

I suspect that what will happen is the Allies will be forced to move out the country, perhaps leaving a strategice force to protect the oil fields. Then there will be a civil war, with thousands or even hundreds of thousands dying. Ultimately the country will disintegrate and three new countries will be formed, but there will be no stability in our life times.

I could be wrong of course. :lol:

So yet again at least he gives an answer to a question posed to him Leazes whereas you still dont.

Have you purposefully worked on your posting style because every 'discussion' you get in always goes the same way.

Argue against an extreme opposite point to yours that no one has actualy ever given

Ignore replies and continue

Ignore questions and continue

Start to be abusive, continue to ignore replies and questions

Take the high ground when abuse comes back and label any response as childish. Still ignore replies and questions

You're becoming more and more of a joke man.

Oh and well done at getting the right Ali in your sig. Kind of defeats the point when the person you're trying to ridicule with it had to help you get it right

144921[/snapback]

I suggest you look back and see who started the abuse here.....unless you are still looking at Rentons book over his shoulder

Or perhaps you can tell us how you'd solve the situation GF :lol:

144978[/snapback]

I believe the comment "heads in the sand" is used to refer to people who don't think there is a problem. Which seems to be the problem around here.

How I'd solve it? I'd wait for the Mutants to take over the world... just side with them. :lol:

in all seriousness I think reducing our dependance on oil is the best way to distance ourselves from the problem... unfortunately for the people in Iraq this will (as renton says) plunge their country into a civil war and fracture the land into three (or more) seperate groups, none of whom will have the infrastructure, wealth or influence to grow as a nation without a great deal of help.

I remember ages watching a tv show about 2 countries who left the British Empire (commonwealth or whatever you want to call it) at the same time. One from Asia and the other was an African country.

anyway, the Asian country had a 5 year plan, very clearly marking what areas they would spend money on and where they would not. Importantly the officials ran the country under a strict regime, limiting democracy because they saw that the people were not ready to make informed decisions about who to vote for. (there may have been other reasons too mind :blink: )

The African country did not have such a rijid plan and if I'm not mistaken launched into free elections.

either way, the African country still suffers crippling debt, famine, civil unrest and corruption is rife... the asian country is a tiger economy, has an impressive literacy and employment record.

I guess my point is that I don't think we can put this cork back in the bottle, we're paying for the sins of our fathers and our fathers fathers. They drew borders where they shouldn't have existed, they were shortsighted... now we're fucked.

Maybe the answer is to extricate ourselves entirely, no troops, no aid, nothing..

but I'm probably wrong.

Maybe the answer is to extricate ourselves entirely, no troops, no aid, nothing..

but I'm probably wrong.

145088[/snapback]

just completely abandon them ?

Guest alex
Or perhaps you can tell us how you'd solve the situation GF :blink:

144978[/snapback]

I believe the comment "heads in the sand" is used to refer to people who don't think there is a problem. Which seems to be the problem around here.

145080[/snapback]

Another irrelevent stock phrase, what a surprise :lol:

Incidentally, my response above was related to a question GF asked you and Renton specifically. Renton admitted he didn't know the answer (who does?) but he responded with his views anyway. Unlike you. Heads in the sand, eh?

Also, who are you referring to when you say people who don't think there is a problem. Who doesn't think Iraq is a problem?