Massacre by US Troops in Iraq

Guest alex

Eunuch tbh

144058[/snapback]

?

good reply

144060[/snapback]

Best reply you've received yet, until someone suggests shooting...

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am somewhat amazed that in some people's eyes being a 'do gooder,' some one who does good things and wishes well on others is to be ridiculed in favour of an attitude of an ignorant, racist bigot.

These kind of people are the true cowards, those who treat empathy and compassion as a weakness, those people who play soldier but whose arsehole is far too loose to actually risk any real confrontation, who try to associate themselves with those unfortunate enough to have been in battle purely to inflate their own sense of masculinity.

144036[/snapback]

and how many people in the armed services, and their views, do you know ?

144057[/snapback]

There was a phone-in on Radio 5 last night and all those who phoned in claiming to be in the British Armed Forces were pretty digusted at what is supposed to have taken place during this massacre Leazes. By the way, have you ever served in the armed forces?

144073[/snapback]

Arsehole was too loose, fainted when he got near the recruiting office...

:lol: didn't mean verbose :lol:

I agreed ages ago that these soldiers should face trial...

I agreed ages ago that this "war" is prepostorous

I said that the world would have been better if Hussien had not stood fair trial and had simply been executed, I stand by that.

I said that while these atrocities shouldn't happen, to get overly excited about it when they do, is to miss the bigger point and to lay blame at the wrong feet.

I've never used the term do-gooder as an insult, but have been suggested to be a bigot. I have been insulted, but that's par for the course.

Succint enough for ya?

:rolleyes: didn't mean verbose :lol:

I said that the world would have been better if Hussien had not stood fair trial and had simply been executed, I stand by that.

I said that while these atrocities shouldn't happen, to get overly excited about it when they do, is to miss the bigger point and to lay blame at the wrong feet.

I've never used the term do-gooder as an insult, but have been suggested to be a bigot. I have been insulted, but that's par for the course.

Succint enough for ya?

144201[/snapback]

I don't think we really do disagree GF, never thought we did in honesty. And for the record, I never called you a bigot either, you would know that if you bothered reading the thread properly.

So ner ner. :lol:

Edit: disagree about Hussein though, and I'm fairly certain you were pissed on that initial post. :lol:

Edited by Renton

I was pissed... but I still stand by it now I'm sober :lol:

just think that he cannot possibly face punishment that comes close to matching his crimes.

Guest alex

just think that he cannot possibly face punishment that comes close to matching his crimes.

144206[/snapback]

Neither can Bush tbh.

I would imagine actually that Leazes is suggesting I am like "comical Ali", but is getting confused again.  :lol:

Mind, I don't see that comparison holds much water either, and yep, is pretty childish.

144070[/snapback]

comical Renton ?

:lol:

I am somewhat amazed that in some people's eyes being a 'do gooder,' some one who does good things and wishes well on others is to be ridiculed in favour of an attitude of an ignorant, racist bigot.

These kind of people are the true cowards, those who treat empathy and compassion as a weakness, those people who play soldier but whose arsehole is far too loose to actually risk any real confrontation, who try to associate themselves with those unfortunate enough to have been in battle purely to inflate their own sense of masculinity.

144036[/snapback]

and how many people in the armed services, and their views, do you know ?

144057[/snapback]

There was a phone-in on Radio 5 last night and all those who phoned in claiming to be in the British Armed Forces were pretty digusted at what is supposed to have taken place during this massacre Leazes. By the way, have you ever served in the armed forces?

144073[/snapback]

Arsehole was too loose, fainted when he got near the recruiting office...

144099[/snapback]

obviously a smart guy

Succint enough for ya?

144201[/snapback]

biggest mistake was not shooting the cunt, and saying it was in self defence with no witnesses, at the end of the first one.

Succint enough for ya?

144201[/snapback]

biggest mistake was not shooting the cunt, and saying it was in self defence with no witnesses, at the end of the first one.

144222[/snapback]

I wouldn't be that bothered about him being bumped off morally, in fact I wish he'd been assassinated 10 years ago, 20 even. However, making him a martyr now might not be a good thing. That is why he has been kept alive I suspect.

Succint enough for ya?

144201[/snapback]

144222[/snapback]

I wouldn't be that bothered about him being bumped off morally, in fact I wish he'd been assassinated 10 years ago, 20 even. However, making him a martyr now might not be a good thing. That is why he has been kept alive I suspect.

144225[/snapback]

I agree with that !!!

144206[/snapback]

Neither can Bush tbh.

144209[/snapback]

don't get me started on that warmonger... :lol:

I'm trying to think of the best President that held office before Clinton...

willing to bet it's another Democrat.

144241[/snapback]

Probably the peanut farmer.

144241[/snapback]

Probably the peanut farmer.

144244[/snapback]

Good ex-President, crap President tbh.

144253[/snapback]

That says more about the country than the man.

i'd like to ask everyone a question

lets say that you are the LT in charge of a squad of men and one evening you meet this fella in the street.

19744735fa.th.jpg

http://www.msnbc.com/news/945577.asp

just like in the photo - the little guy raises his weapon and points it directly at you and your men.

do you:

1) shoot at him straight away

2) hesitate for a few seconds

heres the question

which would be the easiest to live with

1) knowing that you shot and killed a bairn

2) knowing that your hesitation killed one or more of your men

144253[/snapback]

144254[/snapback]

Not necessarily. Carter got himself elected by displaying himself as an outsider to the political landscape--this was true, however due to that outsider situation, he didn't know how to get things done in that same political landscape.

While that may say more about the political landscape than him, it doesn't make him a good president.

IMO, if you want a good president you have to go back.... let's see.

Bush I

Reagan

Carter

Ford

Nixon

Johnson

Kennedy

Eisenhower

Truman

F. Roosevelt

10 presidents back to the 1930s. Damn.

I suppose an argument could be made for

Kennedy (D)

Johnson (D)

Eisenhower (R )

or even Nixon (R ) if you exclude the Watergate incidents and just focus on what he accomplished as a president.

However, IMO if you want a truly great president, the last was was James K. Polk in the 1850s.

Edited by Zathras

good question.

wouldn't hesitate, the moment the weapon is raised the bearer has made him/herself a target IMO.

to be fair if a kid raised a weapon the hesitation would also put my life in danger, not a risk I'm willing to take.

i'd like to ask everyone a question

lets say that you are the LT in charge of a squad of men and one evening you meet this fella in the street.

19744735fa.th.jpg

http://www.msnbc.com/news/945577.asp

just like in the photo - the little guy raises his weapon and points it directly at you and your men.

do you:

1) shoot at him straight away

2) hesitate for a few seconds

heres the question

which would be the easiest to live with

1) knowing that you shot and killed a bairn

2) knowing that your hesitation killed one or more of your men

144261[/snapback]

Someone who is an immediate threat? Given officer training, I would shoot immediately; as I am now, I would likely be unable to fire at all, let alone without hesitation.

144253[/snapback]

144254[/snapback]

While that may say more about the political landscape than him, it doesn't make him a good president.

144286[/snapback]

We're basically saying the same thing, from different view-points. I don't know how you can go into any detail without even agreeing the boundaries of a good president.

i have to agree with what GF and zathras have said

but - most soldiers are often under standing orders not to fire unless fired upon.

its a chpice of either killing a child AND disobaying the rules of engagement (an incredibly serious offence)

or

losing one or more of your men and THEN killing a child.