Massacre by US Troops in Iraq

Guest alex

I'd like to ask Leazes a question

Lets say that you are the LT in charge of a squad of men and one evening you meet this person in the street.

Amazonian_child.gif

Do you:

1) shoot at her straight away

2) hesitate for a few seconds etc.....

This is more relevant to the incident that is alleged to have happened - hope this helps you understand what relevance is.

144670[/snapback]

:lol:

heres the situation:

regular sniper fire and explosions

dead bodies are regularly booby-trapped

Ambulances are used to smuggle weapons

A white flag can be a trick

insurgents dress as women

anyone with a mobile phone could be about to detonate on roadside bomb

driving a hummer is not a show of force , its making yourself a target

there is no front line

battles are fought house to house

many soldiers are on their second or third tour

the rules of engagement often change from being extremely strict to being extremely loose

drug abuse is a problem among soldiers

i could go on.

in that evironment - we expect our soldiers to uphold our western values under the most incredible pressure. occasionally, they dont.

Could you ?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say that you are the LT in charge of a squad of men and one evening you meet this person in the street.

Amazonian_child.gif

Do you:

This is more relevant to the incident that is alleged to have happened - hope this helps you understand what relevance is.

144670[/snapback]

heres the situation:

there is no front line

the rules of engagement often change from being extremely strict to being extremely loose

i could go on.

in that evironment - we expect our soldiers to uphold our western values under the most incredible pressure. occasionally, they dont.

Could you ?

144731[/snapback]

Lazarus, I was referring to the specific story posted by Alex at the start of this thread - the accusation that Marines went on a rampage and deliberately massacred civilians. I've always been referring to that allegation, and I don't see how anyone in the right mind can justify or condone that. I really don't see how the above is relevant in that context.

Now I've answered you. Do you have the bottle to answer Lazarus question rather than side step it ?

144719[/snapback]

Once again you prove you don't read comments made by others - I have already answered Lazarus on a previous post stating that of course I'd shoot someone who was pointing a gun at me or my troops, regardless of age. Once again you are too thick to see this irrelevent to the situation described in this thread though.

As for the rest, give ut a rest man, your response was virtually identical to what I predicted. Go and upgrade yourself or something.

Do you reckon Leazes is one of those bots, that's programmed to post certain things everytime someone posts a thread about Iraq or terrorists?

I

144683[/snapback]

Quick Craig, its looks like weve been sussed, its time to implement Renton v1.32 and Leazes 2.1 (agreement module).

144723[/snapback]

Actually Renton:

kasparov.gif

Leazes Mag:

Zx80.png

P.S. This is a joke Leazes before you get your knickers in a twist about me thinking I'm dead clever, which I honestly don't. Compared to you though this relative comparison might be about right. :lol:

Amazonian_child.gif

Do you:

144670[/snapback]

heres the situation:

there is no front line

i could go on.

Could you ?

144731[/snapback]

Lazarus, I was referring to the specific story posted by Alex at the start of this thread - the accusation that Marines went on a rampage and deliberately massacred civilians. I've always been referring to that allegation, and I don't see how anyone in the right mind can justify or condone that. I really don't see how the above is relevant in that context.

144734[/snapback]

i'm not having a dig or trying to justify atrocities - dont get me wrong.

i, personally, am amazed that these things dont happen much more often.

i'm not having a dig or trying to justify atrocities - dont get me wrong.

i, personally, am amazed that these things dont happen much more often.

144740[/snapback]

I suspect we don't hear about them all. And just to make it clear for the benefit of people who don't listen (not meaning you), I do appreciate the troops in Iraq are doing a horrendous job and are under intense pressure. It is only the actions of a very small few that I condemn. Oh, and i might add I in no way supprt, condone, or justify the acts of terrorists either, and neither do I think islamic extremists can be reasoned with, just in case any stupid people haven't realised that yet. :lol:

Edited by Renton

unfortunately its a catch 22 situation. The vast majority of squaddies in this country are people who have very little social skills and struggle to gain meaningful employment. We give them a gun, train them to shoot people and then send them off to foreign lands to be ambassadors for our country. Its inevitable some of them will go off the rails and do something stupid.

On the flip side, most suitably intelligent people like ourselves who could make good judgments when needed, recognise that fighting in a foreign country, living in squalor, having people shooting at you and all for minimum wage is pretty much a no brainer of a choice.

I also apologise to anyone in here who is in the army or has relatives in the army. i do realise that not everyone is like that but if you go and meet some of the lads from catterick you will realise a large proportion are

Edited by J69

Now I've answered you. Do you have the bottle to answer Lazarus question rather than side step it ?

144719[/snapback]

Once again you prove you don't read comments made by others - I have already answered Lazarus on a previous post stating that of course I'd shoot someone who was pointing a gun at me or my troops, regardless of age. Once again you are too thick to see this irrelevent to the situation described in this thread though.

As for the rest, give ut a rest man, your response was virtually identical to what I predicted. Go and upgrade yourself or something.

144736[/snapback]

I think the only thing it proves Renton, is as well as being a left wing, do gooder thick idiot, you are also a cowardly twat for not having the balls to answer Lazarus question.

End of.

Credibility shot to shreds. What is the point of "debating" with people that can't answer questions ?

You aren't up for anything are you ? You go on about "debating", as if you are some sort of intellectual [haha] then can't do it. What a fuckin joke you are man.

Wierd...but isn't it you that fell out with HTL too, because you didn't answer his questions and made accusations about him instead ?

Wierd too, again, but your response is exactly what I expect from thick do gooder wankers. No balls, no debate, no anything, clueless.

Edited by LeazesMag

Leazes you are one sad individual. When your missus disagress with you do you give her the hairy side!?

144764[/snapback]

Why ? Just because I disagree with you ?? If you had half the brains you think you have, you wouldn't post such rubbish tbh mate.

Have you answered Lazarus question ? It's fairly simple, even for you

''I think the only thing it proves Renton, is as well as being a left wing, do gooder thick idiot, you are also a cowardly twat''

Sorry my posts arent as intellectually charged as yours leazes

''I think the only thing it proves Renton, is as well as being a left wing, do gooder thick idiot, you are also a cowardly twat''

144769[/snapback]

Well. So far, only skol and myself have answered Lazarus' question. Surely all you intellectually charged people can answer a straightforward question !

144719[/snapback]

144736[/snapback]

I think the only thing it proves Renton, is as well as being a left wing, do gooder thick idiot, you are also a cowardly twat for not having the balls to answer Lazarus question.

End of.

Credibility shot to shreds. What is the point of "debating" with people that can't answer questions ?

You aren't up for anything are you ? You go on about "debating", as if you are some sort of intellectual [haha] then can't do it. What a fuckin joke you are man.

Wierd...but isn't it you that fell out with HTL too, because you didn't answer his questions and made accusations about him instead ?

Wierd too, again, but your response is exactly what I expect from thick do gooder wankers. No balls, no debate, no anything, clueless.

144762[/snapback]

Bit in bold: How can his credibility be deemed shot to shreds by one person? Because you certainly don't speak for the majority.

As for the rest:

extreme_ironing.jpg

_38181929_ironscuba300.jpg

074.jpg

Keep it up, you're hysterical, everyone's laughing at you.

Well. So far, only skol and myself have answered Lazarus' question. Surely all you intellectually charged people can answer a straightforward question !

144783[/snapback]

I answered it, or can't you read?

144769[/snapback]

144783[/snapback]

didnt you both say you'd shoot first resulting in the death of a bairn and a court martial and a prison sentence ?

whereas LM is clearly proper soldier material willing to risk his own life and his squads for the overall good of the campaign :lol:

didnt you both say you'd shoot first resulting in the death of a bairn and a court martial and a prison sentence ?

whereas LM is clearly proper soldier material willing to risk his own life and his squads for the overall good of the campaign  :lol:

144787[/snapback]

I asked you if you thought that is what would happen, because I don't.

144719[/snapback]

144736[/snapback]

End of.

144762[/snapback]

Bit in bold: How can his credibility be deemed shot to shreds by one person? Because you certainly don't speak for the majority.

As for the rest:

extreme_ironing.jpg

_38181929_ironscuba300.jpg

074.jpg

Keep it up, you're hysterical, everyone's laughing at you.

144785[/snapback]

I realise this board has a lot of do gooders on it, but I think I can live with that like .... :lol:

Can't see the sense of those photos mind, but I'm sure they make more than some of your other posts !

144769[/snapback]

144783[/snapback]

whereas LM is clearly proper soldier material willing to risk his own life and his squads for the overall good of the campaign :lol:

144787[/snapback]

I wouldn't say that mate :lol: I just thought intelligent people answered questions, obviously not - or only when it suits them.

As GF said, not one of the do gooders has put forward a solution despite their assertion that they know what they are talking about ...

whereas LM is clearly proper soldier material willing to risk his own life and his squads for the overall good of the campaign  :lol:

144787[/snapback]

I asked you if you thought that is what would happen, because I don't.

144788[/snapback]

i'm looking !

this is kinda interesting http://historynet.com/vn/bl-rules-of-engagement/

and so are these completely unrelated articles http://historynet.com/vn/articlearchive/

OK, I'll answer Laz's question on condition you clarify your views LM.

I would do what my training told me to do and I assume that would be to hesitate and suss whether the weapon was real after all many 12y/o boys carry toy guns and wave them round.

As for the original thread I understand how the horrors of war can turn normally law abiding soldiers past the point but thats not the point at the end of the day you cant execute innocent bystanders (including 2 year old children) and get away with it.

144719[/snapback]

144736[/snapback]

End of.

144762[/snapback]

Leazes, I used to think you were just a bit thick, now I realise you are a complete moron. Read my post numbered 189 on this thread. Now read the bit in bold on this very post! You really are a an absolute cretin, and every single person here knows it. The only person that doesn't know you are thick is you, because ironically you are too thick to see it.

I "fell out" with HTL on several occasions, for various reasons. As you no doubt know, the straw that broke the Camel's back with him is when he likened me to paedophile, for no good reason. Most people, even on the internet, would think that is an insult too far.

So in summary, will you just fuck off and at least learn how to read before you spout your shit? No? Then just fuck off full stop then.