Hartson upset after West Brom bid

Craig

Celtic striker John Hartson says he is "shocked and disappointed" by the news that the SPL champions have accepted an offer for him from West Brom.

The 31-year-old had recently resolved to stay in Glasgow after sorting out aspects of his domestic situation.

But now Celtic appear to be willing to sell the Welshman.

"I had no intention or desire to leave the club this summer and I would like the fans to know that," Hartson told the Daily Record.

"I've retired from international football to give myself more time to see my kids and I was totally focused on going back to Celtic and trying to help the club reclaim the title and make a real push in the Champions League.

"I love the club so much, in fact, that I'd spoken to friends recently about staying on for another year and ending my career in Glasgow. But now this. It has knocked me for six.

"All I can do now is discuss with my agent what happens next and I'll do that in the coming days. But right now I need some time to digest what has just happened. It has come as a bombshell."

Hartson's agent Jonathan Barnett confirmed to BBC Scotland that Celtic had accepted a bid from West Brom.

But he added that it was by no means certain that he would leave Celtic Park.

Bit of a kick in the teeth for the Baggies like :lol:

Celtic striker John Hartson says he is "shocked and disappointed" by the news that the SPL champions have accepted an offer for him from West Brom.

The 31-year-old had recently resolved to stay in Glasgow after sorting out aspects of his domestic situation.

But now Celtic appear to be willing to sell the Welshman.

"I had no intention or desire to leave the club this summer and I would like the fans to know that," Hartson told the Daily Record.

"I've retired from international football to give myself more time to see my kids and I was totally focused on going back to Celtic and trying to help the club reclaim the title and make a real push in the Champions League.

"I love the club so much, in fact, that I'd spoken to friends recently about staying on for another year and ending my career in Glasgow. But now this. It has knocked me for six.

"All I can do now is discuss with my agent what happens next and I'll do that in the coming days. But right now I need some time to digest what has just happened. It has come as a bombshell."

Hartson's agent Jonathan Barnett confirmed to BBC Scotland that Celtic had accepted a bid from West Brom.

But he added that it was by no means certain that he would leave Celtic Park.

Bit of a kick in the teeth for the Baggies like :lol:

143121[/snapback]

What, the fact that he didn't want to leave or that he's a useless overrated fat lump?

Well he's better than any of the strikers we have at the moment. Wasn't tere something about Pompey moving in on the deal too, I'd like to see him back in the Premierleague.

Well he's better than any of the strikers we have at the moment. Wasn't tere something about Pompey moving in on the deal too, I'd like to see him back in the Premierleague.

143739[/snapback]

Hartson better than Owen?

143739[/snapback]

Hartson better than Owen?

143863[/snapback]

yeap.

:lol: was obviously thinking anything we had at the back end of last season. (Luque, Chops, Donkey and co.)