direct.gov.uk

Gemmill

Posters are going up all over the place for this and it's actually canny good. You can sort out your tax disc online, and all sorts of other stuff is explained like replacing your driving license etc. Not bad.

Did anyone watch that film from about 2000 about a dotcom company that went bust? Can't remember the name of it, but it was a documentary and it was two lads that they followed from the inception of the idea right through to the whole thing basically falling apart. Anyway, this was what their company was all about, but it went tits up. Canny film like. Back in the days when venture capitalists would throw ridiculous amounts of money at people with no business savvy who knew how to use a computer.

We only have 2 post offices in Torquay that deal with road Tax, as you can imagine thats a pain in the arse, so i'd definitely be interested in paying online if you could do that :lol:

Changing a paper driving licence to a photocard driving licence

If you want to change your paper driving licence for a photocard driving licence you must complete the application form D1 that is available from the DVLA form ordering service and Post Office® branches. You will need to enclose original documentation confirming your identity, a passport style colour photograph and the fee of £19.00. Send your completed application and payment to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BU or you may be able to use the premium checking service.

:lol:

Bleedin' cheek of it! Why should I have to dish out £19 because some turd from the DVLA thought it would be a good idea to change the driving licence style?!?!

I need to sort my road tax out today so I'll report back with how easy it is.  Based on what I've read it sounds ok though.

143232[/snapback]

thank you Mr G :lol: