Pay Your Respects

Happy Face

I told my mate I could get him some feedback for his new website.

http://www.payyourrespects.co.uk/index.shtml

Basically, it's a memorial site. It allows people from all over the world to view details and add their own memories after the death of a loved one.

If you fancy having a look around and making comments (harsh or kind) that would be appreciated.

General stuff. What do you think of the layout, graphics, prices, the idea in general. Have you seen it done before? Better or worse? Would you use it? If not why not?

Cheers

Had a quick look, im sure the idea is good, so many people use the net these days. How about adding the option of choosing your own music for your memorial?

Not so sure on the site's colours, but thats just a personal thing, i'll ask my son to take a look later and feedback, as he designs websites for a living so would have more idea.

All of the buttons should be tombstones, and when you hover your mouse over them, a hand should shoot up from the earth in front of them. It also needs some creaky door noises and stuff. Basically more of a Ghost Train theme.

Had a quick look, im sure the idea is good, so many people use the net these days. How about adding the option of choosing your own music for your memorial?

Not so sure on the site's colours, but thats just a personal thing, i'll ask my son to take a look later and feedback, as he designs websites for a living so would have more idea.

143253[/snapback]

Cheers, and good Idea on the music. I don't like the look either and will be advising him to change it so it's less dial-up looking (if that makes sense). But feedback from the general public will cause less offence.

All of the buttons should be tombstones, and when you hover your mouse over them, a hand should shoot up from the earth in front of them.  It also needs some creaky door noises and stuff.  Basically more of a Ghost Train theme.

143256[/snapback]

:lol:

So it's kind of like friends reunited for dead people? It's an interesting idea, but I'm struggling to imagine this being a success.  :lol:

143270[/snapback]

well think of families that live far away from the crematorium, who cant get there often to put flowers or pay their respects, this way they can add their thoughts and read what other family/friends have added in the guest book, especially on special days such as anniversarys.

So it's kind of like friends reunited for dead people? It's an interesting idea, but I'm struggling to imagine this being a success.  :lol:

143270[/snapback]

Well it's not to reunite the dead is it, it's to reunite friends of the dead.

I think it's a canny idea, but he'll need to be very careful on the price. Danger of being accused of cashing in on people's grief.

Your mouse cursor should change to a little skeleton when you visit the site too btw.

I think it's a canny idea, but he'll need to be very careful on the price.  Danger of being accused of cashing in on people's grief.

143291[/snapback]

Aye, £40 seemed a bit steep to me. And he says that's a special offer.

How much is it to get an obituary in the paper these days?

I think it's a canny idea, but he'll need to be very careful on the price.  Danger of being accused of cashing in on people's grief.

143291[/snapback]

143297[/snapback]

Our local paper charges per word, so its probably £30 upwards....so your mate's price isnt too bad at all, plus its permanent.

143291[/snapback]

143297[/snapback]

Our local paper charges per word, so its probably £30 upwards....so your mate's price isnt too bad at all, plus its permanent.

143301[/snapback]

Less permanent than paper though I know what you mean. Having thought about it, it might work. Has he got a patent on it?

aren't there already one or two sites like this up and running though?  :lol:

143319[/snapback]

That's what I wondered.

There's a Myspace graveyard for Myspacers that die, but I don't know of anywhere like this.

He wants to register a patent like Renton says, and get it up and running in the US.  They go mental for dead people over there.

143311[/snapback]

I didn't know you could patent a website idea. Hence a load of ebay clones. Anyone have info of where to get it?

Edited by Happy Face

I think the general idea is ok however the styles used are a bit strange in choice for the type of site it is, maybe have some roses or something. It shouldnt be morbid lookign but at the same time the front page background pic looks like a snail which is a bit of a strange choice!

Im with Gemmill as well on the skeleton cursor

oh and maybe add a decomposition calculator, something thats says summit along the lines of "Grandpapa has been dead 13 months and 6 days now so his internal organs are neither internal or solid anymore, in another 3 months his teeth will have fallen out and a family of worms will have taken up residence where his colon used to be"

*coat time I reckons

I think the general idea is ok however the styles used are a bit strange in choice for the type of site it is, maybe have some roses or something. It shouldnt be morbid lookign but at the same time the front page background pic looks like a snail which is a bit of a strange choice!

oh and maybe add a decomposition calculator, something thats says summit along the lines of "Grandpapa has been dead 13 months and 6 days now so his internal organs are neither internal or solid anymore, in another 3 months his teeth will have fallen out and a family of worms will have taken up residence where his colon used to be"

*coat time I reckons

143326[/snapback]

having recently discovered a person that had been dead for 5 days, shut up in a heated room with no windows open, i can tell you that all that happens way before 13 months :lol:

Edited by Toonraider

Looking at the site again, i dont think the term 'How much' sounds very professional....a discreet 'costs' would sound better. The whole site needs to look abit more professional tbh.

*coat time I reckons

143326[/snapback]

having recently discovered a person that had been dead for 5 days, shut up in a heated room with no windows open, i can tell you that all that happens way before 13 months :lol:

143340[/snapback]

The macabre to one side momentarily....how can you tell that if they'd been dead 5 years? That doesnt make sense tbh. As usual I'm the ONLY one to spot the defective logic and tread that extra inquisitive yard

Looking at the site again, i dont think the term 'How much' sounds very professional....a discreet 'costs' would sound better.  The whole site needs to look abit more professional tbh.

143365[/snapback]

Ta

Nowt worse than loads of completey different fonts is there? I will be advising him that it looks like a nanna's bedroom and wants to look more like a Poggenpohl kitchen.

*coat time I reckons

143326[/snapback]

143340[/snapback]

The macabre to one side momentarily....how can you tell that if they'd been dead 5 years? That doesnt make sense tbh. As usual I'm the ONLY one to spot the defective logic and tread that extra inquisitive yard

143374[/snapback]

The only one that can't read tbh.

*coat time I reckons

143326[/snapback]

having recently discovered a person that had been dead for 5 days, shut up in a heated room with no windows open, i can tell you that all that happens way before 13 months :rolleyes:

143340[/snapback]

143374[/snapback]

She said 5 days you dick! :lol:

*coat time I reckons

143326[/snapback]

143340[/snapback]

143374[/snapback]

The only one that can't read tbh.

143376[/snapback]

...............fuck.

*coat time I reckons

143326[/snapback]

having recently discovered a person that had been dead for 5 days, shut up in a heated room with no windows open, i can tell you that all that happens way before 13 months :rolleyes:

143340[/snapback]

143374[/snapback]

5 days

*coat time I reckons

143326[/snapback]

143340[/snapback]

143374[/snapback]

5 days

143386[/snapback]

Thats what I said.