Nobby denies drink problem

Scottish Mag

Newcastle's Nolberto Solano has denied allegations that he has a drink problem.

The 31-year-old recently escaped serious injury in a car crash in his native Peru, despite reports that he had fallen asleep at the wheel.

A local TV reporter is believed to have branded Solano, who was also banned from driving in 2001 for a drink driving offence, an alcoholic.

The midfielder has shrugged off the accusation as ridiculous, and insisted that he was jet lagged after flying out to Lima for a holiday.

"That (calling him an alcoholic) was a stupid thing to say," he told his homeland press.

"How could I be an alcoholic and still play football in Europe for the past five years?

"I blinked for a second and lost control. Then I hit the kerb."

In the interview Solano also stressed that he only liked to have the odd beer now and again, and thanked God that he walked away from the crash with just a minor head injury.

Guest CrimsonFault

Must have been a long blink then.

Guest CrimsonFault

Must have been a long blink then.

143486[/snapback]

I'd say it was about a second. :lol:

143492[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Must have been a long second then!

Guest alex
drink driving is drink driving. I dont care if he gives his entire wages to unicef every week, if he had hit another car or a pedestrian hed deserve what he got.

143556[/snapback]

He didn't though.

but he could quite easily have, and thats what the courts in this country look at. I dont think there is any question that nobby was pissed and crashed his car. Hes already served a ban for drink driving, in england hed do time for a 2nd drink driving ban.

Guest alex
but he could quite easily have, and thats what the courts in this country look at. I dont think there is any question that nobby was pissed and crashed his car. Hes already served a ban for drink driving, in england hed do time for a 2nd drink driving ban.

143629[/snapback]

Didn't realise you were a magistrate in your spare time. There's plenty of doubt at as to what happened btw.

He isn't the first hard paper round to turn to drink, and he won't be the last. Until you've had to lug the entire nation of Peru's papers around on your back, J69, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

I dont think there is any question that nobby was pissed and crashed his car.

143629[/snapback]

There's a huge amount of doubt. The fact that Police didn't feel the need to take blood samples or breathlize him makes me think that he probably wasn't legless.

I dont think there is any question that nobby was pissed and crashed his car. Hes already served a ban for drink driving, in england hed do time for a 2nd drink driving ban.

143629[/snapback]

Breathalyse him yourself, did you?

I hope you're slightly less judgemental when dealing with your patients every day.

I dont think there is any question that nobby was pissed and crashed his car.

143629[/snapback]

There's a huge amount of doubt. The fact that Police didn't feel the need to take blood samples or breathlize him makes me think that he probably wasn't legless.

143640[/snapback]

The fact he's a national hero might have something to do with that though. He's on the stamps ffs!

I dont think there is any question that nobby was pissed and crashed his car. Hes already served a ban for drink driving, in england hed do time for a 2nd drink driving ban.

143629[/snapback]

I hope you're slightly less judgemental when dealing with your patients every day.

143902[/snapback]

Look into it if you like. Its not the first time hes done it. It would be professional suicide for a peruvian journalist to accuse a national hero of being an alcoholic without facts to back it up.

And i treat my patients just fine thanks :lol:

143629[/snapback]

143902[/snapback]

Look into it if you like. Its not the first time hes done it. It would be professional suicide for a peruvian journalist to accuse a national hero of being an alcoholic without facts to back it up.

And i treat my patients just fine thanks :lol:

143979[/snapback]

Yes, but you're not exactly in possession of the facts yourself really, are you? That was my point.

And i treat my patients just fine thanks  :lol:

143979[/snapback]

Although you are correct that journalists are never willing to attack powerful people to further their own careers, in this case the journalist was willing to commit professional suicide to smear him because Nobby had nobbled both his wife and his sister. Look into it if you like; it's not the first time he's done it. I don't think there can be any question this is what really happened.

And i treat my patients just fine thanks  :lol:

143979[/snapback]

Although you are correct that journalists are never willing to attack powerful people to further their own careers, in this case the journalist was willing to commit professional suicide to smear him because Nobby had nobbled both his wife and his sister. Look into it if you like; it's not the first time he's done it. I don't think there can be any question this is what really happened.

143986[/snapback]

:rolleyes: