Accomodation Services

Southern Geordie

I've come on here for a bit of a rant. :lol:

First year at uni is coming to an end.. Has been an amazing year. Everything has gone well apart from one thing (well two including exams :lol:). I have three other housemates and we live in a shared university managed house. Sounds good right? I thought it did.. but we've had the biggest nightmare of a housemate in the world.. He started off being just a weird kid (I say kid, he's 21!).. But in the second week he vomited all over the gaff and when asked to clean up he locked himself in his room.. He's such a tosser that we had to get professionals in to clean as he wouldn't clean up his own mess. Well once everything was cleaned we thought we could forgive him and he just stayed in his room which was fair enough.. But then he just didn't come out of his room and 6 months later he is a complete nightmare. He hasn't done a single bit of housework all year and when asked to he slammed the door in our faces! My other housemate also said that he was looking very physically and mentally ill.. I reckon he's bordering on completely insane.

We asked to have him assessed a few months ago after the sick incident but the accomodation services told us to "live with it (him)". They are a complete joke. After being asked again to clean up the microwave (which is the only thing that we asked him to do) a week ago it is still yet to be done.. and again he slammed the door in our faces! So basically yesterday we rung uni and said we're concerned for his mental and physical health. They said that the only reason they could pay him a visit is if requested by him! Which seems a bit pointless, as apparantly he's also not been contacting his father. He has literally isolated himself from the world!

Oh yeah, there must be something going on in his room because yesterday he came out of his room to go to the kitchen and he locked his door behind him. I haven't actually seen him since Christmas, I've just heard him banging doors and what not. He's a NIGHTMARE!

Anyways my point is, accomodation services are wank.. If you want something done, you really need to persist.. and even that sometimes isn't enough

:rolleyes:

Break his door down and leather the shite out of him on a daily basis until he leaves tbh.

143658[/snapback]

Or he could just wait til the lease runs out, which will be in about 2 weeks i'd guess...

Haha all of your suggestions have been taken on board :lol:

I reckon if we looked in his room, it'd just be piles and piles of dirty plates and rubbish.. Along with all of our stuff he's stolen!

It's all well and good the fact that he never comes out his room, but he only ever cook (microwave meals) at night time.. so if you're trying to get an early night you're a bit pissed off if woken at 4am by the sound of him shoving a knife into the film lid of the microwave meals!

Ah well, only a week left! Gonna send accomodation services a big complaint.. Good riddance!

It's all well and good the fact that he never comes out his room, but he only ever cook (microwave meals) at night time.. so if you're trying to get an early night you're a bit pissed off if woken at 4am by the sound of him shoving a knife into the film lid of the microwave meals!

143662[/snapback]

That wakes you up?! Are you a ninja or something?

143662[/snapback]

143666[/snapback]

No he's probably like geordie fish and someones taking his precious microwave meals...

143662[/snapback]

143666[/snapback]

No he's probably like geordie fish and someones taking his precious microwave meals...

143667[/snapback]

:lol: Well he goes about as if it's the middle of the day so it's hard not to wake up! He's such a hermit

Couldnt you just get a jobbing drama student to come round and pretend they were from accomodation services and get him to clean up?

And then bray the living shite out of him.

:rolleyes: Well he goes about as if it's the middle of the day so it's hard not to wake up! He's such a hermit

143668[/snapback]

So, you're living with a hermit? :lol: Excellent.

:rolleyes: Well he goes about as if it's the middle of the day so it's hard not to wake up! He's such a hermit

143668[/snapback]

143689[/snapback]

508239_356x237.jpg

Something tells me there into something good.

:lol: Well he goes about as if it's the middle of the day so it's hard not to wake up! He's such a hermit

143668[/snapback]

143689[/snapback]

508239_356x237.jpg

Something tells me there into something good.

143691[/snapback]

Theres a kind of hush.....

How weird is this? :rolleyes:

SG cant you try and get a glimpse in his room to check its not covered in foil? (eastenders) :lol:

How can you not have seen him since christmas? :lol: surely law of averages would say you'd bump into him on the way to the loo or as he goes to uni?

Tbh, i'd report him to the accomodation services saying that you cant put up with the smell from his dirty room, as its a health risk. Surely the'd have to send someone out to investigate? I mean its their property, im sure you all had to sign a lease or whatever to say you'd keep it to a decent standard?

Edited by Toonraider

Get a key lock fitted to the bathroom door and give a key to all the other housemates. Keep it locked at all times. That way he'll have to shit either in his room or the garden.

Get a key lock fitted to the bathroom door and give a key to all the other housemates.  Keep it locked at all times.  That way he'll have to shit either in his room or the garden.

143731[/snapback]

Or outside our rooms! Out of spite! :lol:

It's easy how we haven't seen him since Christmas.. He only comes out of his room when he thinks we're all in bed so he doesn't bump into us. He is stupidly antisocial!

We have reported him many a time.. but there are only so many letters they can send!

Last month we had to throw away his pineapples he had in his cupboard.. He bought two huge pineaples (no idea why cos all he does is cook microwave meals) and left them in his cupboard and we discovered it with shit loads of mould on it.. So WE had to throw it out! He's meant to be 21 but he's acting like a 5 year old.. There is definitely something wrong with him.