If you won the lottery

Gemmill

Say £10m, what would you do? Would you work or owt?

I'd sling a few things in a bag, go to the airport and get first class tickets to Hawaii for a start. :rolleyes:

Then when I got back I'd sort out buying houses in a few places - probably California, somewhere in Oz and somewhere in Europe (Spain, Italy, Portugal or something) and then just spend the year flitting from one to the other with holidays elsewhere to break up the monotony. :lol:

I'd not be buying any daft expensive cars or owt cos you might as well just burn the cash instead for the money you lose on them.

After a few years I MIGHT do some voluntary work or something, but probably not. :lol:

Haway you've got £10m.......right.....NOW. What you gonna do? Apart from get up and walk out of work. :lol:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

Would be off like a shot - probable itinerary would be something like - Singapore - Tropical Queensland - South Pacific. For starters. See you in about 3 months :lol: Edit: NZ anarl.

Edited by alex

Guest alex
Nothing would change. I'd put the money in the bank and work like nothing had happened; maybe start buying Stella instead of Fosters on my birthday though.

144118[/snapback]

:lol: Some people would be like that you know.

Nothing would change. I'd put the money in the bank and work like nothing had happened; maybe start buying Stella instead of Fosters on my birthday though.

144118[/snapback]

:lol: Some people would be like that you know.

144120[/snapback]

There was a bloke won it a few years back. He was in his 40s and still lived with his parents, working as a local odd-job man. Anyway he won the lottery and when asked what he was going to do he said he would be buying a new van and a new set of tools and that was it. Wasted on him.

Tell my boss what I really think of him.

144117[/snapback]

Reet knob I hear :lol:

144119[/snapback]

I've always thought of him as more of a ... :lol: ... see you next tuesday.

After that I'd bet a fair chunk of it on Tommy Craig replacing GW in the Oval Office.

144118[/snapback]

:lol: Joking aside, I would make sure I was set up for life - buy a property or two by all means, but make sure I could pay whatever I'd need to pay on them in future.

Then travel a bit, definitely. Australia/New Zealand/South America ahoy!

And with the change, I'd buy the TV company of an impoverished Eastern European state and sing in Eurovision every year. :lol:

I'd hire YOU as my accountant for starters so you'd have to look at MY 10 million folds ever day and seeth.

144122[/snapback]

You wouldn't have it very long if you hired me as your accountant. :lol:

My mam does this every Saturday. :lol:

Buys her lottery and her Journal and goes through the Homemaker picking out her big house in the country. Silly bint!

Does everyone do the lottery then? I don't tbh, I think it is a bit of a stupid tax. Kind of puts you off when you realise that you are more likely to die of virtually every rare disease or freak accident every week than win it. Rather bet on sport tbh.

Mind, if I did come into £10M, I would probably do much the same as Gemmill, and go on holiday most the year, living of the interest. Can't believe some sad bastards still go to work as a cleaner afterwards.

Oh, I also love the media hypocrisy when someone "undeserving" wins it, like Michael Carol. :lol:

.....you are more likely to die of virtually every rare disease or freak accident every week than win it.

144130[/snapback]

Trust you man! :lol:

I started the thread cos I went out to tax my car at lunch and bought a ticket for the Euromillions and one for tomorrow. The Euromillions jackpot is £10m, so rather than do any work I decided to daydream til hometime. :lol:

Dotbum and Renton, I want proper answers at once. :lol:

144129[/snapback]

I don't do it, but I still win the Dutch or Spanish lottery a couple of times a day. Started to win the Australian Lottery quite a bit recently. So, I'd do what I usually do and delete the email.

If I really did win it? Think Michael Carroll.

.....you are more likely to die of virtually every rare disease or freak accident every week than win it.

144130[/snapback]

I started the thread cos I went out to tax my car at lunch and bought a ticket for the Euromillions and one for tomorrow. The Euromillions jackpot is £10m, so rather than do any work I decided to daydream til hometime. :rolleyes:

144132[/snapback]

It's true though! Do you dream of cancer of the anus too? :lol:

Guest alex
Does everyone do the lottery then? I don't tbh, I think it is a bit of a stupid tax. Kind of puts you off when you realise that you are more likely to die of virtually every rare disease or freak accident every week than win it. Rather bet on sport tbh.

Mind, if I did come into £10M, I would probably do much the same as Gemmill, and go on holiday most the year, living of the interest. Can't believe some sad bastards still go to work as a cleaner afterwards.

Oh, I also love the media hypocrisy when someone "undeserving" wins it, like Michael Carol.  :lol:

144130[/snapback]

I don't do it either. I once got 4 numbers and won £32. Fuck off! I think the odds for that are about 1,000/1. Prefer the bookies tbh and even then I'm pretty selective about what I back although I've done quite well lately. Just beer money though. I occasionally buy a scratch card.

First and foremost I'd make sure my kids never have to worry about money throughout their lives (probably by setting up some sort of annual equity release trust fund from when they turn 18).

Next on the list would be to ensure all debts are paid and find myself the dream house and then with the rest set myself up with a similar scheme to the kids whereby I can live very comfortably each year, but still be making a mint on what is left in the bank.

Would I work? Probably in some way or another, yes. I'd get bored shitless after a while if I didn't...

Why just Friday afternoon day dreaming? I spend most of my life in a dream world :lol:

If i won that amount of money, i'd hand my notice in at work, yeah, but i'd serve the proper notice (i wouldnt land the girls at work in it) Those people who win massive amounts of cash and keep their boring ordinary jobs amaze me, i could understand if their job was a vocation though, thats different.

First things first, i'd want to sort my family and friends out....more than anything. To be able to sit down with my family, who i love very much and be able to say, chuck your underpaid jobs, stop worrying about your bills and mortgages for the rest of your life!! You're sorted! Well!!!!! nothing would feel as good as that part.

So, i'd share my wealth with those i love and care about as much as i could. Then i'd want a couple of houses. A country cottage in the cotswolds, yes, roses an all in the garden!! :lol: A large house with plenty of land attached so hubby could build his own race track. I'd help promote and run the track. The house has to have a gym and swimming pool of course! Wouldnt mind a small cottage on the river Dart too, each of them has their own private mooring space at the back....cos i'd definitely want a speed boat.

Other than that, i'd buy shares in TUFC, or ideally, buy the ground off Torbay bastard Council!!! :rolleyes:

A few more random things....

season tkt for NUFC

Helicopter

Cosmetic surgery (well why not? things arent going to stay perky forever)!! :lol:

A holiday, probably a skiing one.

Just enough money to be comfortable and not have to think about what i buy would be fantastico!!!!

144130[/snapback]

I started the thread cos I went out to tax my car at lunch and bought a ticket for the Euromillions and one for tomorrow. The Euromillions jackpot is £10m, so rather than do any work I decided to daydream til hometime. :lol:

144132[/snapback]

It's true though! Do you dream of cancer of the anus too? :lol:

144134[/snapback]

:lol:

Oi! Don't spoil my being-loaded day dreams. I'm currently sealing the deal on a condo on Kauai and drinking from a drink with an umbrella in it. :rolleyes:

Renton would rather die of a new disease* and have it named after him than win the lottery. FACTOPSY!

*Not venereal, mind, that might be fun. :lol: