Chelsea seal £16m Mikel transfer

Jimbo

Chelsea have agreed a transfer deal for Nigerian youngster Jon Obi Mikel.

The Premiership champions will pay a combined £16m transfer fee for Mikel, with £12m going to Manchester Untied and £4m to Norwegian club Lynn Oslo.

The agreement resolves the future of the 19-year-old, who has been the subject of a bitter dispute between the three clubs.

United have agreed "to terminate their option agreement" with Mikel, whose registration goes to Chelsea.

"Under the terms of this agreement Chelsea will pay Manchester United £12m, half payable now and half in 12 months, and Lyn £4m, half payable now, and half payable in 12 months' time," said a United statement.

:lol:

Guest CrimsonFault
ManU have done well then.

This whole saga has been ridiculous, and I honestly hope he is total crap.

144353[/snapback]

I'd laugh my todger off.

£16mil for a kid thats done nowt. Arsenal only paid £5 for supposedly the best young player in the country. I hope Fifa puts a stop to this daft money spending. Id laugh my arse off if abramovich got locked up for his dirty dealings leaving chelsea with a £100mil a year wage bill and no money coming in!

Where in their team will he fit in ??

The lad will be another SWP, he'll rot in the reserves.

Welldone Chelski for fucking up football !

Guest Sima

Chelsea such a laughing stock. Giving £12m to their biggest rivals for sweet FA :lol: :lol: :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Man U must be laughing all the way to the bank, Chelsea basically admitting they were underhand in this deal and doling out as much money as possible to try to cover it up.

Man Utd will spend the money on an infinitely better player (Ribery) and spend the money they already had on Diarra.

Chelsea such a laughing stock.  Giving £12m to their biggest rivals for sweet FA :lol: :lol: :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Man U must be laughing all the way to the bank, Chelsea basically admitting they were underhand in this deal and doling out as much money as possible to try to cover it up.

Man Utd will spend the money on an infinitely better player (Ribery) and spend the money they already had on Diarra.

144433[/snapback]

Exactly. All they're doing is helping out their biggest rivals! If I were a Man Utd supporter, I'd be over the moon.

Edited by Bombadil