Baddiel and Skinner World Cup podcasts

Happy Face

Canny.

Take the piss out of Crouch and sing a song about Hargreaves....

Owen Hargreaves you Sod,

Are you just in the squad,

cos you know your way round Germany?

You can't pass,

but you know some good bars,

and a shop in Berlin that sells Burberry!

Your slower than most,

but you know the German word for 'Roast',

Your tackles aren't very hard

but you've got a reeperbahn loyalty card

A world cup medal you might win,

even though you're only in,

cos you know your way round Germany.

There's a new one out...

Podcast 3: 'It wasn't pretty - but we won' - 11 June 2006

Summary: We look into how David James almost lost us the Paraguay game, how David's mate got to sing in the opening ceremony and we give you all the inside info on Prince William's World Cup Party.

Must say they have been very funny so far. The fourth one is up.

Podcast 4: 'Thirsty work' - 14 June 2006

Summary: Baddiel and Skinner discover the American actor with a grudge against one of the World Cup teams. They have a chat with their Polish cleaning ladies about the forthcoming match with Germany, and why is it that David features in each World Cup game?

The stuff about James Garner getting calls meant for Ghana is David Baddiel at his worst tbh. A concept that's mildly amusing as a throwaway but then he goes on about it for far too long, laughing far too much at his own joke. :(

I have liked them so far though, but that bit in the latest one is crap.

The stuff about James Garner getting calls meant for Ghana is David Baddiel at his worst tbh.  A concept that's mildly amusing as a throwaway but then he goes on about it for far too long, laughing far too much at his own joke. :P

148852[/snapback]

:P

I just came looking for this thread to point out how hilarious the whole Ghana/James Garner bit was. I was crying with laughter.

"Hello is that James Garner?"

"No dis ees Gahna da country, I'm sick of getting calls for James Garner de Actor. Do not tink i ave got all day to take other peoples phone messages. I thought the Rockford files was shit! Goodbye!"

:(

The stuff about James Garner getting calls meant for Ghana is David Baddiel at his worst tbh.  A concept that's mildly amusing as a throwaway but then he goes on about it for far too long, laughing far too much at his own joke. :P

148852[/snapback]

I just came looking for this thread to point out how hilarious the whole Ghana/James Garner bit was. I was crying with laughter.

"No dis ees Gahna da country, I'm sick of getting calls for James Garner de Actor. Do not tink i ave got all day to take other peoples phone messages. I thought the Rockford files was shit! Goodbye!"

148861[/snapback]

That bit at the end was quite funny. But that was Skinner and it was funny cos he flipped the joke on its head. I thought the stuff that went before with Baddiel repeatedly pretending to be someone else calling James Garner and slobbering and chuckling was cack though.

The stuff about James Garner getting calls meant for Ghana is David Baddiel at his worst tbh.  A concept that's mildly amusing as a throwaway but then he goes on about it for far too long, laughing far too much at his own joke. :razz:

148852[/snapback]

148861[/snapback]

I thought it was great aswell :P

148852[/snapback]

148861[/snapback]

I thought it was great aswell :razz:

148899[/snapback]

As did I. I love the Morrisey bits as well. :P

New one oot.

The Michael Owen song is class. i insist that next year we sing it. Like Michael row the boat ashore

"Michael Owen's going to score, Hallelujah!"

"Like he's always done before, Hallelujah!"

...That's if he plays any games of course.

I liked the praise for Barry Davies.  Baddiel was spot on - he was a cut above any of the current lot, including Motson.  In fact, especially Motson.

151106[/snapback]

Motty is losing his marbles I reckon. I quite like Peter Brackley who used to do Football Italia and some of the lesser ITV CL games. Don't hear much of him now though.