England v Jamaica

Gemmill

I think his dance is great. Crouch obviously realises that people laugh at him, but he doesn't care, and by doing the dance after he scores he's kind of saying "yes, I am a freak, but I can still score goals!".

Fair play to Crouch like. The bloke can obviously laugh at himself - he's not doing the celebration because he thinks he looks cool, he's doing it for the craic and to give people a laugh. There's not many in the England team that can take the piss out of themselves like that and it's refreshing.

I thought it was a bit embarrassing first time I saw it but when you know the story behind it, it's quality.

Fair play to Crouch like.  The bloke can obviously laugh at himself - he's not doing the celebration because he thinks he looks cool, he's doing it for the craic and to give people a laugh.  There's not many in the England team that can take the piss out of themselves like that and it's refreshing.

I thought it was a bit embarrassing first time I saw it but when you know the story behind it, it's quality.

144627[/snapback]

Agree, its a bit of fun and something different which was entertaining. I'd suggest he doesn't keep doing it after the world cup as people will quickly tire of it and it will become annoying, but till then why not!

Fair play to Crouch like.  The bloke can obviously laugh at himself - he's not doing the celebration because he thinks he looks cool, he's doing it for the craic and to give people a laugh.  There's not many in the England team that can take the piss out of themselves like that and it's refreshing.

144627[/snapback]

Agree, its a bit of fun and something different which was entertaining. I'd suggest he doesn't keep doing it after the world cup as people will quickly tire of it and it will become annoying, but till then why not!

144639[/snapback]

I reckon if he scores in the World Cup, he should give it the Leela version.

Owen wasnt as sharp as he can be, but he was involved in 4 goals I think. That set-up for lampard's goals was fantastic.

And the crouch dance is pathetic and embarrasing. Makes people wish he doesnt score so we dont have to see it.

144609[/snapback]

Embarrasing? If he's scoring goals then no one should care if it's embarrasing or not.

144610[/snapback]

Yes, the English shouldnt. But do you think other fans give a damn as to whether England score or not? I was talking from their point of view.

144612[/snapback]

If they don't give a damn if they score or not, why would they be embarrased if he makes a twat of himself in celebrating?

If you feel embarassed if an english bloke score and looks like an idiot you are very easily embarrassed. If an indian\brazillian\martian player did that i quite honestly would not be embarrased in the slightest by it.

144614[/snapback]

Not embarrasing for me, for him. I just think its pathetic :lol:

But yes I'd be embarrased if i was a Liverpool fan.

144627[/snapback]

Agreed. I hope to see it many times over the next month.

Peter Crouch - Sex Machine

:lol:

Not embarrasing for me, for him. I just think its pathetic :lol:

144667[/snapback]

:lol: Perhaps you're not seeing it in the spirit its intended?

As Gemmill said he is taking the piss out of himself rather than trying to look cool.

I bet there were blokes in every nightclub in the country copying him last night as well, it's a laugh. Although he should probably put it to bed after the World Cup, don't think it would receive such a warm reaction from away fans if he did it for Liverpoo.

Guest Sima

On the other hand though, the media hyperbole over the robot is getting tiresome already.

Bleeding it dry tbh.

Still not convinced Crouch is good enough for England or Liverpool.

144931[/snapback]

Only marginally better than 'Jinky' Jimmy Cliff tbh.

Edited by manc-mag

Guest alex
Still not convinced Crouch is good enough for England or Liverpool.

144931[/snapback]

Only marginally better than 'Jinky' Jimmy Cliff tbh.

144934[/snapback]

:lol: The harder they come...