National Anthem

Toonraider

Maybe Billy Connolly's suggestion of having the theme from the Archers as the National anthem would be the best option, it would certainly make the parade at the Olympics opening ceremony more interesting !

145104[/snapback]

Preceded by the Shipping Forecast?

145229[/snapback]

or if you listen to virgin late at night, the shitting forecast :lol:

Jerusalem :lol:

144540[/snapback]

What I was thinking. :blink:

144582[/snapback]

Uneducated heathens the pair of you.....

It's "Til we have built Jerusalem In England's green and pleasant land" NOT: "Til we have built England In Jerusalem's green and pleasant land"

Written by an English bloke, about England - the perfect 'National' Anthem - none of this "God save the theiving bastards who live happily on the money we work our arses off in order to keep them" bollocks.....

GSTQ is a steaming shower of shite. But so are most national anthems, including Australia. Heard the dutch anthem before the friendly the other day, very dull and underwhelming.

There are some good ones. South Africa is great. Uruguay's is surprisingly rousing.

Jerusalem :lol:

144540[/snapback]

What I was thinking. :blink:

144582[/snapback]

It's "Til we have built Jerusalem In England's green and pleasant land" NOT: "Til we have built England In Jerusalem's green and pleasant land"

Written by an English bloke, about England - the perfect 'National' Anthem - none of this "God save the theiving bastards who live happily on the money we work our arses off in order to keep them" bollocks.....

145586[/snapback]

Why are they uneducated heathens for wanting Jerusalem as the anthem?!

I think France's national anthem is pretty uplifting and inspiring. Especially the second verse with the bit about the soil being drenched with the blood of their enemies. :razz:

Jerusalem :blink:

144540[/snapback]

What I was thinking. :razz:

144582[/snapback]

145586[/snapback]

Why are they uneducated heathens for wanting Jerusalem as the anthem?!

145790[/snapback]

I couldn't get my head round that either. :lol: Especially seen as Craig then goes on to describe it as the perfect anthem.

Perhaps I was reading it incorrectly but I interpreted the wink as ironic in that we're asking for a national anthem which has the title of a non-English city....

Like I said, I may be wrong - that wink made me suspicious though...