Sensible Soccer 2006

Jimbo

Damn shame its not on psp, so Ill get it on pc as my ps2 is not shelved waiting the ps3.

Either way, its a must buy :lol:

Its class!

Just downloaded the demo, beat Argentina 2-1. Screen can jerk around a bit at times, but overall its kept its free flowing style.

A must buy that like!

I've ordered the PC version, shame its not out on PSP, it would have been perfect for that !

the only question for me is do I get it on PC or PS2 ?

144630[/snapback]

Amiga! :lol:

God that takes me back - awesome game....

Aye, cant wait. This friday. Getting for the pc. Like you say, perfect timing for the WC. No doubt some poeple will make a file to update with all the real player names. Looks like they are making full edit option like the old ones so you can make your own teams & leagues etc.

Woohoo!

Aye, cant wait.  This friday.  Getting for the pc.  Like you say, perfect timing for the WC.  No doubt some poeple will make a file to update with all the real player names.  Looks like they are making full edit option like the old ones so you can make your own teams & leagues etc.

Woohoo!

145011[/snapback]

First job !

Make a Toontastic team !!

Fuck I can't wait, I litterally wasted years of potential beer drinking and bird pulling, playing this at home on weekend !

Could be arriving soon - has left the delivery office, but I'm at work so will have to pick it up tomorrow morning.

145811[/snapback]

Where did you order your copy from ???

Could be arriving soon - has left the delivery office, but I'm at work so will have to pick it up tomorrow morning.

145811[/snapback]

145857[/snapback]

Amazon

145811[/snapback]

145857[/snapback]

Amazon

145873[/snapback]

How much for ? I got mine from play.com £14.99 I think, I just checked my order status and its only listed as "preordered" I'll be gutted if I have to wait.

145811[/snapback]

145857[/snapback]

Amazon

145873[/snapback]

How much for ? I got mine from play.com £14.99 I think, I just checked my order status and its only listed as "preordered" I'll be gutted if I have to wait.

145875[/snapback]

Ah, I had another look and it seems I made the error, it was something else I've ordered from them that's arriving. Sorry for the confusion.

I paid more than £15 as well, bollocks.

Mine arrived today, I've got to say I find the game very disapointing when compared to the original, its amazing that the original game which is probably the best part of 15 years old can be better than this but it is.

They don't need the clunky players with the big heads, if they had made the game using the old graphics but with maybe a tweak to bring it up to date it would have been fine, but they have fucked it right up in my opinion.

Yeah I got it. I messed with the res but it seemed to play a bit slow, but only in the odd game so Im not sure why. Dropped the res and its not done it again. Still not convinced it was the res though plus Ive got a canny system.

As for the game ... yeah its canny, good for a laugh but not as good as I expected even after playing the original. I'd like to see a way to do proper transfers to correct the team after transfers (unless Ive missed it), Id also like to see online play.

So, its canny, but I actually hope its a hit so that they will do again amybe next year with some improvements.

Yeah I got it.  I messed with the res but it seemed to play a bit slow, but only in the odd game so Im not sure why.  Dropped the res and its not done it again.  Still not convinced it was the res though plus Ive got a canny system.

As for the game ... yeah its canny, good for a laugh but not as good as I expected even after playing the original.  I'd like to see a way to do proper transfers to correct the team after transfers (unless Ive missed it), Id also like to see online play.

So, its canny, but I actually hope its a hit so that they will do again amybe next year with some improvements.

147920[/snapback]

Take a look at this thread, see if it improves things:

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6382

There is no transfers or management in the game at all, I've been raging with some idiots on the codemaster's forum regarding this, their argument is that the game is a reworking of Sensible soccer rather than SWOS, you can update the players, there is a zip file in another thread that updates the players list.

I find the game helishly frustrating, the oposition goalkeepers are nearly impossible to score against, they seem to magically teleport into the correct position to save a goal and never ever dive.

You don't seem to be able to string 2 passes together, the oposition just seems to clatter into you as you progress up the pitch.

Could have been brilliant but this seems as far away from Sensi as ever.

I agree about the teleport thing. Ive seen it a couple of times. I also get the idea its sometimes I bit of a rugby match where basically last one standing gets the ball - this using run rather than tackle to win it and they trip over each other.

This said, I can score pretty much ok. I have Newcastle in 4th after maybe 8 games and I have my made up team in 1st place of the Scottish 2nd division after 6 games.

But yes, improvements ned to be made. Gonna try those things you point out though.