Munich wipes their arse at us!

JawD

Was watching Sky sports this morning and it was running a news feed that in Munich, in te central square they have the flags of all the countries in the World Cup. Every single one. Oh, except England. :lol:

Those pesky Germans :rolleyes:

When interviewing a few of the locals, the majority of younger people thought it was wrong while two older gents showed obvious agreement. One giving the thumbs down to England and one saying the England flag was in the toilet :lol:

Was watching Sky sports this morning and it was running a news feed that in Munich, in te central square they have the flags of all the countries in the World Cup.  Every single one.  Oh, except England.  :lol:

Those pesky Germans  :lol:

When interviewing a few of the locals, the majority of younger people thought it was wrong while two older gents showed obvious agreement.  One giving the thumbs down to England and one saying the England flag was in the toilet  :lol:

144661[/snapback]

I can't believe they would deliberately leave us out :rolleyes: They couldnt get away with that, there will be hell to pay!!

Guest Sima

Where I work has a WC competition and they purposely left Germany out because they assumed no-one would want to be them due to the war.

Is it 1946 again?

Guest Sima
I don't believe this story in the slightest.

144690[/snapback]

Blatant attempt to stir up anti-German sentiment by gutter tabloid media.

Well they did interview the Mayor of Munich or similar and he looked rather embarrassed about it :lol:

Well they did interview the Mayor of Munich or similar and he looked rather embarrassed about it  :lol:

144700[/snapback]

Really? Then it still rather shows the incompetence of the city council than any malicious intent (only if a xenophobe employee was behind it). As Toonraider said, they wouldn't get away with it.

Well they did interview the Mayor of Munich or similar and he looked rather embarrassed about it   :lol:

144700[/snapback]

Really? Then it still rather shows the incompetence of the city council than any malicious intent (only if a xenophobe employee was behind it). As Toonraider said, they wouldn't get away with it.

144703[/snapback]

Yeah i saw it on SSN and they showed all the flags of other counties and that there was no English one. They then interviewed some random german bloke in the street who laughed about it.

Thought it was quite funny myself whether deliebrate or not and i suspect not deliberate rather mere coincidnece or more a joke by some German rather than hating the English!

To be fair, the English are much more obsessed with the Germans than the other way round. Most of the English jokes about Germans are amusing though whereas you can't say the same about German humour. :lol: