Summer scarves for season ticket holders

Scottish Mag

Newcastle United are considering giving away a scarf with every season ticket this summer.

The idea comes as a result of the success of allocating a black and white scarf to every fan attending Alan Shearer's recent testimonial.

That decision sparked scenes which added unforgettable colour to an already memorable night.

Although not yet confirmed, the prospect of issuing free scarves will please fans who have bemoaned the declining atmosphere at St James's Park in recent seasons

Newcastle United are considering giving away a scarf with every season ticket this summer.

The idea comes as a result of the success of allocating a black and white scarf to every fan attending Alan Shearer's recent testimonial.

That decision sparked scenes which added unforgettable colour to an already memorable night.

Although not yet confirmed, the prospect of issuing free scarves will please fans who have bemoaned the declining atmosphere at St James's Park in recent seasons

144724[/snapback]

I've already got 6 scarves.

Are we getting a Shearer's bar token I wonder?

I have just been and handed in my renewal. What more could any fan want!

It makes the lack of an ambitious managerial appointment, the prospect of no-one other than Amoebi to replace the vastly overpaid and malingering Owen (if he is still here) and the fact we have gone so far backwards in the last 2 years that we are no longer even discussed in the same breath as the top 4 or 5 teams all seem irrelevant.

Well I think its a canny idea. With everyone always banging on about how shite the atmosphere was, this "may" help towards it.

Then again, once a few people are whacked in the eye by another scarf it wont be too long before the stewards tell you that you cant wave them around.

Plus, also a good accessory for :-

* Carrying the napalm pies back at half time

* Hiding your eyes as shola steps up to take a pen

* To sling around the guy infront as he climbs up to level 7, thus giving you support

* Wave around and give you extra ammo to clip in the eye the annoying bloke/wife who sits two seats away

* Keeping your neck warm in the winter (bit far fetched that one I know)

* Wrapping around your fist so when you punch the annoying git next to you it leaves no mark (on you).

* Proving you are a "proper" fan

and more Im sure .....

Well I think its a canny idea.  With everyone always banging on about how shite the atmosphere was, this "may" help towards it. 

Then again, once a few people are whacked in the eye by another scarf it wont be too long before the stewards tell you that you cant wave them around.

Plus, also a good accessory for :-

* Carrying the napalm pies back at half time

* Hiding your eyes as shola steps up to take a pen

* To sling around the guy infront as he climbs up to level 7, thus giving you support

* Wave around and give you extra ammo to clip in the eye the annoying bloke/wife who sits two seats away

* Keeping your neck warm in the winter (bit far fetched that one I know)

* Wrapping around your fist so when you punch the annoying git next to you it leaves no mark (on you).

* Proving you are a "proper" fan

and more Im sure .....

145010[/snapback]

choking, or if things really get bad, hanging device?

Scarves can be gainfully employed against the elements in Newcastle from July 15th-June 30th inclusive.

145033[/snapback]

Not by Geordies though you soft southern puff.