Absolutely totally awesome

Lazarus

The music i really cant get is Rap  :lol:  :lol:

145050[/snapback]

I was going to back you up on the metal till you said that.

I don't see how people can dismiss an entire genre. All have good and bad sides to them. I don't think there's a genre I could say is entirely shit.

145052[/snapback]

Skiffle?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

145050[/snapback]

I don't see how people can dismiss an entire genre. All have good and bad sides to them. I don't think there's a genre I could say is entirely shit.

145052[/snapback]

I think there are a few sub-genres you could write off though.

145050[/snapback]

145052[/snapback]

Skiffle?

145053[/snapback]

Weren't The Beatles a skiffle band (The Quarrymen) before finding fame?

Iron Maiden are fucking shit by the way. :lol:

145026[/snapback]

That's who I was listening to in the pub when I came to my stunning conclusion. :rolleyes:

145029[/snapback]

Bring your daughter to the slaughter. Jesus H Metaller.

145037[/snapback]

That's the very song I was thinking of! :lol:

Guest alex
The music i really cant get is Rap  :lol:  :rolleyes:

145050[/snapback]

145052[/snapback]

Skiffle?

145053[/snapback]

145058[/snapback]

Aye, they were shit then though :lol:

145050[/snapback]

145052[/snapback]

Skiffle?

145053[/snapback]

145058[/snapback]

The Quarrymen were shit tbh.

Alan Robson's "Hot and Heavy"

Jesus wept.

For those old enough there was a heavy metal nightclub in Whitley Bay "Mingles". The smell of hippy juice still haunts me.

Guest alex

Still regret never making it to The Mayfair on a Friday night :lol: There were coaches from all over the country for the last night. Still reckon it would beat going to The Gate like.

Still regret never making it to The Mayfair on a Friday night :lol: There were coaches from all over the country for the last night. Still reckon it would beat going to The Gate like.

145063[/snapback]

The Mayfair was the king of venues, sadly missed.

What do the hot and heavy brigade do now after Trillians shuts?

145050[/snapback]

145052[/snapback]

Skiffle?

145053[/snapback]

145058[/snapback]

The Quarrymen were shit tbh.

145061[/snapback]

:lol:

OK then "Skiffle" is the only genre that is entirely shit. Though Tommy Steele sang a few gems.

Given the skiffle scene is also entirely dead though, I don't think it counts.

145063[/snapback]

145064[/snapback]

Isn't the Academy now the late night home of rock?

145063[/snapback]

145064[/snapback]

145066[/snapback]

Lazarus will know. :lol:

145050[/snapback]

145052[/snapback]

Fair point, but i've yet to hear any rap i've liked :lol:

I was in there once to watch my old guitar teacher's band play.  They were called For God's Sake.  Jesus was beside himself.

145035[/snapback]

I think I've got one of their albums on vinyl :blink:

The last night of the Mayfair was gash. Loads of nutters who'd never normally have gone near the place, starting shit at random with anyone who looked like a "stinking hippy". They had a fair few targets to choose from. :lol:

The penultimate night was canny though, less of the hair metal and more of the insane stuff. Well, until Little Jeff came on, god rest his spaz legs.

Happy hardcore is utter bollocks mind

I agree that there is usually some decent songs in all genres, but Happy Hardcore is perhaps the biggest steaming pile of wanky shite I've ever had the displeasure of being subjected to

I was in there once to watch my old guitar teacher's band play.  They were called For God's Sake.  Jesus was beside himself.

145035[/snapback]

I think I've got one of their albums on vinyl :lol:

145081[/snapback]

The only one I can remember was called Blasthead. He went on to play guitar in Three Colours Red, but I have no idea what he's up to these days.

145035[/snapback]

145081[/snapback]

The only one I can remember was called Blasthead. He went on to play guitar in Three Colours Red, but I have no idea what he's up to these days.

145102[/snapback]

i have one of their albums. Loved 'Beautiful day'

145063[/snapback]

145064[/snapback]

145066[/snapback]

Fridat night at the academy and friday + saturday at legends for rock nights. Or at least it was friday and saturday, i assume its still both nights.

As for heavy metal, if you look into it it can be split into about a hundred different sub genres, but people who hate it are invariably referring to thrash/death/black metal and sub genres that have the most indecipherable growling and really fast and/or heavy guitars.

Whereas alot of metal is nothing like that, and even within those sub genres there will be massive variety should you listen to enough of it.

And i saw it mentioned earlier in the thread about the look, but who gives a toss what people look like? The music is all that matters because the sort of people who judge music on appearance rather than techinical ability etc. are like girls who base their musical taste on which boybands they fancy and that has never been a reason to like or dislike a band!

145063[/snapback]

145064[/snapback]

145066[/snapback]

Fridat night at the academy and friday + saturday at legends for rock nights. Or at least it was friday and saturday, i assume its still both nights.

As for heavy metal, if you look into it it can be split into about a hundred different sub genres, but people who hate it are invariably referring to thrash/death/black metal and sub genres that have the most indecipherable growling and really fast and/or heavy guitars.

Whereas alot of metal is nothing like that, and even within those sub genres there will be massive variety should you listen to enough of it.

And i saw it mentioned earlier in the thread about the look, but who gives a toss what people look like? The music is all that matters because the sort of people who judge music on appearance rather than techinical ability etc. are like girls who base their musical taste on which boybands they fancy and that has never been a reason to like or dislike a band!

145107[/snapback]

Why have a "look" then if it's not important? Why do people feel the need to conform to a stereotype?

Come on man. Leggings, long hair and makeup on a man! It's not right!

145063[/snapback]

145064[/snapback]

145066[/snapback]

145107[/snapback]

Why have a "look" then if it's not important? Why do people feel the need to conform to a stereotype?

Come on man. Leggings, long hair and makeup on a man! It's not right!

145161[/snapback]

I imagine the look is as you say to conform to a stereotype or to appeal to certain fans, generate hype, get more money and publicity. Whatever it is i'm saying i don't care as long as the music is good, if it isn't then they're a bunch of badly dressed people playing shite music!

You usually find though the bands are often having alaugh or doign these things without ever being serious, but the fans are serious and indeed sometimes insane. As shown with the black meta fans burning churches etc.!!!

And i agree with you Leggings, long hair and makeup on a man is never a good look! But tbh half the stuff i have in my collection that has been downloaded i have no idea what the people look like on stage or off it!

145035[/snapback]

145081[/snapback]

145102[/snapback]

Aye, that was the one. Must try and track it down on CD some time. 3CR were canny enough too. :blink:

Lyrics. I have never heard a decent heavy metal lyric, ever. If you love the written word and all it subtle complexity then you should hate HM

Any ideas anyone?

145020[/snapback]

System Of A Down?

Lyrics. I have never heard a decent heavy metal lyric, ever. If you love the written word and all it subtle complexity then you should hate HM

Any ideas anyone?

145020[/snapback]

System Of A Down?

145176[/snapback]

"Can't you see that I love my cock?

Can't you see that you love my cock?

Can't you see that we love my cock?"

Genius

:lol: I love them really.