Blatters Battered Banter

JawD

Yes the old wise man of footall is at it again with his latest observation. Nothing like getting in there first with a new trend...

"There is a new daemon in football ..... Elbowing!"

Erm right, and next week a new idea, the offside rule?

I saw a clip of the interview and he was talked about how players should be jumping with their arms at their sides not like this (then he did the gensture of a sideways pointing elbow).

I know blatter is and always has been a braindead, mornic waste of space, but is he seriously suggesting players will be at risk of being carded if they lift thier arms when they jump! How many people has he actually seen jump with their arms stuck to their sides!!!

"I think the problem you will have is not getting into the games but clamclamclaadia!"

:lol:

145821[/snapback]

:blink:

Was that a clip they used on fantasy football legaue, i remember the "word clamclamclaadia as if it were yesterday!!!

As for the world cup i think in your first game you have to be very careful because the early games will see the refs implementing whatever new obsession fifa has and you will get a fair few yellow and red cards shown.

As the tournament goes on it will probably settle down a bit, but you do wonder how many people will be penalised for jumping with their arms up whether they elbow somebody or not.

"I think the problem you will have is not getting into the games but clamclamclaadia!"

145821[/snapback]

Was that a clip they used on fantasy football legaue, i remember the "word clamclamclaadia as if it were yesterday!!!

146018[/snapback]

:razz:

The obscure reference recognition award '06 goes to Papa Lazaru.

145821[/snapback]

146018[/snapback]

:razz:

The obscure reference recognition award '06 goes to Papa Lazaru.

146023[/snapback]

It was great, he started speaking something in english and then it was as if they switched his brain off and he ended by saying clamclamclaadia!

And yet it is the most salient and well observed point i've heard him or his UEFA counterpart make by a long distance!

Guest alex
Never kicked a ball in his life tbh.

145815[/snapback]

Blatter actually played as a centre-forward for the mighty FC Visp. The Viduka of Swiss football tbh.

145847[/snapback]

Really? Makes the shite he spouts even worse.

World Cup referee Graham Poll Says in his Daily Telegraph column:

"No jewellery will be permitted, not even if taped over, and this includes earrings and wedding rings."

Isn't it good to see FIFA are concentrating on the things that matter, rather than wasting their time on diving, or racism?

Continues England's top referee:

"The fashionable plastic wristbands are also not allowed."

Seriously, Graham, that is so 2004.

Do a blatant tripple somersault after not being touched, ref takes no action, stay on and score the winner.

Wear a ring, no effect on the game whatsoever, and get sent off.

Arseholes.

World Cup referee Graham Poll Says in his Daily Telegraph column:

"No jewellery will be permitted, not even if taped over, and this includes earrings and wedding rings."

Isn't it good to see FIFA are concentrating on the things that matter, rather than wasting their time on diving, or racism?

Continues England's top referee:

"The fashionable plastic wristbands are also not allowed."

Seriously, Graham, that is so 2004.

Do a blatant tripple somersault after not being touched, ref takes no action, stay on and score the winner.

Wear a ring, no effect on the game whatsoever, and get sent off.

Arseholes.

146149[/snapback]

it's ridiculous isn't it.

I often try to think of an analogy of a footballing world where FIFA is the government and the Blatt man the president... what a fucked up, full of injustice country that would be!!!

145815[/snapback]

Blatter actually played as a centre-forward for the mighty FC Visp. The Viduka of Swiss football tbh.

145847[/snapback]

Thats nowt. Alex plays five-a-side twice a week at Eldon Leisure, man!

145815[/snapback]

145847[/snapback]

Thats nowt. Alex plays five-a-side twice a week at Eldon Leisure, man!

146155[/snapback]

*mon

More Blatter Bullshit...

Fifa president Sepp Blatter claims that by the start of the 2007-08 season all of Europe's top leagues, including The Premiership, will be reduced to 18 teams.

The game's governing body have been keen to reduce the number of games at the top level of domestic football and after the 56th Fifa Congress Blatter's executive committee have now apparently been given the power to enforce the rule.

If plans are pushed through then The Premiership, as well as Italy's Serie A, Spain's Liga and France's Ligue 1, will all have to cull two clubs from their elite group.

"Yes, now we have the power to do this after the support today from Congress," said Blatter.

"We have been given the power now to work on it.

"We will do it. I think the clubs will be happy and it will give four more days to the international calendar in those countries where they have 20 clubs."

However The Premier League have reacted forcefully to Blatter's declaration, insisting that they will have the final say over how many teams make up the English top flight.

Moreover spokesman Dan Johnson has also claimed that England's top clubs have no desire to crop two members from a league that was reduced from 22 to 20 in 1995.

"Sepp Blatter cannot enforce this. There's only one group of people who decide the make-up of The Premier League and that's the 20 clubs," said Johnson.

"There is no appetite for them as a collective to reduce the size and Fifa cannot force it on us.

"We reduced the size of the league from 22 clubs to 20 in 1995-96, and since then Uefa have expanded the Champions League, Fifa have expanded the World Cup and brought in the Confederations Cup and World Club Championship so it's a bit rich for anyone to talk about reducing the number of matches.

"We are the only people who have done so."

Definately going to happen then. Premiere league have the final say, but they will pander...

I think the tv companies might have something to say about an 18-team Premier League by 07-08.

Haven't the new contracts deciding who can show how many games and when just been handed out? Less teams = less games to show.

Lawyers all over europe will be rubbing their hands no doubt.