Penalty Shootout

Gemmill

England will inevitably get put out of the tournament on penalties, but who would you send in to take them. List of names AND the order. I normally hate threads like this btw but I'm bored. :lol:

Lampard

Owen

J Cole

Rooney (if playing)/A Cole

Gerrard

Gerrard last cos I reckon if anyone can handle the pressure, he can. Lampard first because I think he's most likely to get us off to a scoring start. And I'd be practising them DAILY in training as well.

There's something about his legs that would really worry me in a penalty shootout. They look like he'd be lucky to get the ball over the line even without a keeper in the way.

Forgot about Beckham. :lol:  I'll have him taking one ahead of Joe Cole then.

I think Beckham's going to have a class WC incidentally.

145328[/snapback]

If he keeps hitting the ball as sweetly as he did on Saturday then he has a good chance of racking up some serious assists. Just stay out wide and tonk the ball at Crouch. Especially in the first game when the centre halfs are about the height of Owen.

Guest alex

145328[/snapback]

If he keeps hitting the ball as sweetly as he did on Saturday then he has a good chance of racking up some serious assists. Just stay out wide and tonk the ball at Crouch. Especially in the first game when the centre halfs are about the height of Owen.

145342[/snapback]

Crouch isn't that good in the air though. He prefers floated balls to the back post so he can utilise his height. He doesn't power in headers from Beckham-type crosses.

Aye, that's why he's in my Fantasy team. His delivery from free kicks in the friendlies is as good as I've ever seen.

Incidentally anyone wishing to join a Toontastic Fantasy league can find a thread on Gen Chat....blah blah. :lol:

Forgot about Beckham. :blink:  I'll have him taking one ahead of Joe Cole then.

145328[/snapback]

145342[/snapback]

Crouch isn't that good in the air though. He prefers floated balls to the back post so he can utilise his height. He doesn't power in headers from Beckham-type crosses.

145350[/snapback]

That's why I've got John Terry in my Fantasy team.

Incidentally, anyone wishing to join.........:lol:

145328[/snapback]

145342[/snapback]

145350[/snapback]

If he can't manage to heed the ball over defenders about a foot shorter than him then there is a problem. But we could still play it the way you suggest, with Crouch taking back stick knocking down for Owen/Lampard/Gerrard.

Edited by geordieshandy

There's something about his legs that would really worry me in a penalty shootout.  They look like he'd be lucky to get the ball over the line even without a keeper in the way.

145299[/snapback]

He certainly got the ball over the line on Saturday!

And the rest...

I would not have owen in my first five as i'm sure every time i have seen him take one when at liverpool the keeper saved them as he had no power in his shot. :lol:

so it would go something like this

Lampard

J.Cole

Beckham

Rooney/A.Cole

Gerrad

But of course i hope england do go out on pens, just so i dont have to listen about england winnning it for the next 40 years...