No Central Defenders Coming In?

JawD

At least according to Mr NUFC himself Oliver:

United chairman Freddy Shepherd said today: "There is no truth in talk we want Huth."

Glenn Roeder is a fan of Huth but United feel they are well covered for central defenders with Titus Bramble, Steven Taylor, Craig Moore and Peter Ramage.

Link

At least according to Mr NUFC himself Oliver:

United chairman Freddy Shepherd said today: "There is no truth in talk we want Huth."

Glenn Roeder is a fan of Huth but United feel they are well covered for central defenders with Titus Bramble, Steven Taylor, Craig Moore and Peter Ramage.

Link

145420[/snapback]

shirley that means he's looking at right backs and left backs?

You want the Huth? You can't handle the Huth!

I would rather we went for fullbacks to be honest. Bramble has looked pretty solid for the last season and a half, Taylor is an excellent prospect, Moore has supassed any expectations we had for him, Rammage is certainly good enough for cover and Elliott or Boumsong can play there at a push.

But Baba looks disinterested half the time on the left and Elliotts pace catches him out too often there. And unfortunately Carr doesn't look like rediscovering the form he showed at Spurs before his injury so I would say fullbacks are almost as much of a priority as strikers!

I would rather we went for fullbacks to be honest.  Bramble has looked pretty solid for the last season and a half, Taylor is an excellent prospect, Moore has supassed any expectations we had for him, Rammage is certainly good enough for cover and Elliott or Boumsong can play there at a push.

But Baba looks disinterested half the time on the left and Elliotts pace catches him out too often there.  And unfortunately Carr doesn't look like rediscovering the form he showed at Spurs before his injury so I would say fullbacks are almost as much of a priority as strikers!

145559[/snapback]

Me too. We've spent more than enough on centrehalves without really improving (Woodgate exepted, of course). I would make do with what we've got (plus Huntingdon coming through, all being well) and look at investing in both full back positions.

Glen Johnson anyone?

He was with Roeder at the Hammers, and may be a good Steven Carr stand-in and cover for the centre backs if we have another injury crisis. Anything to stop Robbie Elliot going in the centre.

145657[/snapback]

Yeah, he would be a great signing. But we need a centre back as well. That guy from Wolves???

Edited by hostile_statue

Guest alex

No to Glen Johnson for a number of reasons (wages, fee, etc.) but mainly due to the fact he's not the best defensively.

Huth's off to Boro.  Breaking news on the Beeb.

146105[/snapback]

Me dad just said their after some Yank defender who's name i cannot spell but is also meant to be quality

Guest alex

146105[/snapback]

Me dad just said their after some Yank defender who's name i cannot spell but is also meant to be quality

146115[/snapback]

Alexei Lalas?

146105[/snapback]

146115[/snapback]

Alexei Lalas?

146120[/snapback]

Reminded me of a young Billy Connolly tbh.

146105[/snapback]

146115[/snapback]

Alexei Lalas?

146120[/snapback]

Reminded me of a young Billy Connolly tbh.

146124[/snapback]

Played like one too

:lol:

Glen Johnson anyone?

He was with Roeder at the Hammers, and may be a good Steven Carr stand-in and cover for the centre backs if we have another injury crisis. Anything to stop Robbie Elliot going in the centre.

145657[/snapback]

Yeah, he would be a great signing. But we need a centre back as well. That guy from Wolves???

145707[/snapback]

Lescott? Fuck off! :lol: