No Central Defenders Coming In?

JawD

Wouldn't mind seeing Phillip Lahm at left back, but he is out of our price range now Fred has said we are going to spend a majority of what little money we have on attacking players. Also I think the spurs are interested in him.

147187[/snapback]

He's also Bayern's first choice left back and will be for the next decade before this tournament started so i'd wake up from that pipe dream

Huth has just confirmed in a press conference that he is going to sign for 'boro. He said - without naming names - that he did talk to other clubs, but felt they already had about 4-5 other central defenders and he feared he might remain second choice just like at Chelsea.

Nice description about Middlesbore though, when asked about moving there. "The town itself isn't a nice place to live, but there are other places in the north that are actually quite nice."

I have just got back from my hols and noticed this piece of news, i am sorry but he is better than at least two of the CB we have, yes we need players for the left and right, but i cannot believe we have let a good player like huth going to boro and a cheap i will bet.

smacks of another brilliant piece of work for NUFC.

Track a player for season after season and when he is available say we have good enough quality there. NOT

Nice description about Middlesbore though, when asked about moving there. "The town itself isn't a nice place to live, but there are other places in the north that are actually quite nice."

147500[/snapback]

Juninho said the same iirc - he said he came from a similar shithole in Brazil so the town didn't bother him but at least at Boro he could live in the countryside which is a very fair point and could be said to apply to Newcastle as well.

I have just got back from my hols and noticed this piece of news,  i am sorry but he is better than at least two of the CB we have, yes we need players for the left and right, but i cannot believe we have let a good player like huth going to boro and a cheap i will bet.

147535[/snapback]

Cheap? At £6m?

Defender moves mooted for Magpies

2006-06-11 17:52

Newcastle United are being strongly linked with a move for Preston North End defender Tyrone Mears.

The exciting full-back is a target of seven Premiership clubs and Magpies boss Glenn Roeder is reportedly ready to table a £3million bid for the player.

Meanwhile Newcastle defender Stephen Carr could be heading out of St James's Park, according to recent media claims.

West Ham United and Charlton are both said to be interested in the 29-year-old, who is reportedly keen on moving back to the capital.

Meanwhile Newcastle defender Stephen Carr could be heading out of St James's Park, according to recent media claims.

West Ham United and Charlton are both said to be interested in the 29-year-old, who is reportedly keen on moving back to the capital.

147579[/snapback]

£3m + Carr = Luke Young

£1m + Milner = Gareth Barry

= defence sorted :razz:

Edited by janu

147500[/snapback]

Juninho said the same iirc - he said he came from a similar shithole in Brazil so the town didn't bother him

147565[/snapback]

:razz::blush::slap:;):angry:

I have just got back from my hols and noticed this piece of news,  i am sorry but he is better than at least two of the CB we have, yes we need players for the left and right, but i cannot believe we have let a good player like huth going to boro and a cheap i will bet.

147535[/snapback]

Cheap? At £6m?

147575[/snapback]

one word.... boumsong...

his socks are better than boumsong.

Boro are re-tooling the 'smart one - brick shithouse' combination at the back. Out with Southgate and Ehiogu, in with Riggot and Huth.

148017[/snapback]

To be fair its a good combination, the powerful dominant CB and the intelligent one reading the game and organising!

Its why Bramble excells alongside a Woodgate style defender, though Titus does have more to offer than the "Brick shithouse" type player"

Boro are re-tooling the 'smart one - brick shithouse' combination at the back. Out with Southgate and Ehiogu, in with Riggot and Huth.

148017[/snapback]

To be fair its a good combination, the powerful dominant CB and the intelligent one reading the game and organising!

Its why Bramble excells alongside a Woodgate style defender, though Titus does have more to offer than the "Brick shithouse" type player"

148018[/snapback]

I agree, I thought Riggot and Stephen Taylor would make a good pairing (not that Boro would sell him).