Sigur Rós

MattM4

Any good?

debate

( I hear a lot about them, but never really checked them out. First heard of them on Vanilla Sky, one of their songs plays during the final scene. A lot of people with "similar tastes as me" on LastFM have them high on their lists.

So what albums/songs are the best?)

Im a new recruit to the delights of Sigur Ros' music. Recomended by people on here. Love what i've heard so far. Check out the music vidieos thread for a couple of their tracks and excellent videos.

The best album is ( ).

I think track 4 (njosnavelin) is the one from vanilla sky. It was this album that got me really into them.

Second best album imo is Von, which is really different to the rest, alot darker and less pretentious.

Their website has a wide selection of stuff on it for free download: http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/

The best album is ( ).

I think track 4 (njosnavelin) is the one from vanilla sky. It was this album that got me really into them.

Second best album imo is Von, which is really different to the rest, alot darker and less pretentious.

Their website has a wide selection of stuff on it for free download: http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/

145638[/snapback]

indeed it was, and a live version that I can remember downloading from that very site :lol:

They're absolutely superb! I too got into them after Vanilla Sky and it took me ages to get that track as it's not included on the official soundtrack.

If you like them Matt, also try Sabres of Paradise. Not bad either...

got into them after Zane Lowe suggested them.

haven't bought anything other than Takk, but it's awesome.

it's weird I feel like I can chill out to them OR do exercise to it...

Only just started listening to Sigur Ros myself and I like what I've heard so far. Can't recommend anything yet as my listening has been limited so I look forward to other peoples recommendations......

I'm having to try so hard not to stomp my feet and shout "But I knew them first!" these days. :lol: I'm really chuffed for them though, it's always grand when music that's a bit off the beaten track makes some kind of commercial headway. :blink:

I'm having to try so hard not to stomp my feet and shout "But I knew them first!" these days. :lol: I'm really chuffed for them though, it's always grand when music that's a bit off the beaten track makes some kind of commercial headway. :blink:

145746[/snapback]

You were definitely the first person I ever heard mention them :razz:

Edited by catmag

I'm having to try so hard not to stomp my feet and shout "But I knew them first!" these days. :blink: I'm really chuffed for them though, it's always grand when music that's a bit off the beaten track makes some kind of commercial headway. :razz:

145746[/snapback]

You were definitely the first person I ever heard mention them B)

145907[/snapback]

Aww, lookit that, I'm officially credible. Voddy and coke or a big girly cocktail for that lady at the next pissup! :lol:

I'm having to try so hard not to stomp my feet and shout "But I knew them first!" these days. :razz: I'm really chuffed for them though, it's always grand when music that's a bit off the beaten track makes some kind of commercial headway. B)

145746[/snapback]

You were definitely the first person I ever heard mention them :yes

145907[/snapback]

Aww, lookit that, I'm officially credible. Voddy and coke or a big girly cocktail for that lady at the next pissup! :blink:

145919[/snapback]

Your Eurovision fixation scuppers any chance you might've had of credibility I'm afraid. :lol:

I'm having to try so hard not to stomp my feet and shout "But I knew them first!" these days. B) I'm really chuffed for them though, it's always grand when music that's a bit off the beaten track makes some kind of commercial headway. :yes

145746[/snapback]

145907[/snapback]

Aww, lookit that, I'm officially credible. Voddy and coke or a big girly cocktail for that lady at the next pissup! :razz:

145919[/snapback]

Your Eurovision fixation scuppers any chance you might've had of credibility I'm afraid. :lol:

145921[/snapback]

That's why I like having Danny around here, he makes me look like a collector of limited-edition Fall vinyl by comparison :blink:

I'm having to try so hard not to stomp my feet and shout "But I knew them first!" these days. :razz: I'm really chuffed for them though, it's always grand when music that's a bit off the beaten track makes some kind of commercial headway. B)

145746[/snapback]

145907[/snapback]

Aww, lookit that, I'm officially credible. Voddy and coke or a big girly cocktail for that lady at the next pissup! :lol:

145919[/snapback]

Vodka and diet coke puhlease :blink:

Can I have one now? I'm am on my lunch break...

Agatetis Byrjun is their best album but I would say Takk is the easiest to begin with.

They either get lumped along with post rock such as Godspeed You Black Emporer, Mogwai and Slint or more ambient stuff like Boards Of Canada or Aphex Twin but I would say they are completely unlike anything else I've ever heard and liking those other bands would be no guarantee of liking them or vise versa.

Incidentally my baby daugther gets very chilled out by them.

Edited by David Kelly