Maximo Park

Albert Kirkey

I prefer Art Brut

146004[/snapback]

Not really a comparisson though is it?

Like saying you prefer the Pixies to New Order!

146058[/snapback]

You don't think they're similar?

Which of them isn't a guitar/bass/drums group doing rock tinged 3 minute pop songs signed due to the popularity of the likes of Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party?

I would rank Maximo Park alongside the others that you mention but playing the same instruments is the only connection I can make between Art Brut and the rest of them.

Try plaing Bang Bang Rock n Roll to a Franz Ferdinand fan (more particularly the fans that come with chart success) and I think you would find they thought very differently of the two.

The lack of what most radio 1 listeners would class as singing is I think the easiest divider between them.

Both canny bands like and I agree Art Brut are a better listen.

I would rank Maximo Park alongside the others that you mention but playing the same instruments is the only connection I can make between Art Brut and the rest of them.

Try plaing Bang Bang Rock n Roll to a Franz Ferdinand fan (more particularly the fans that come with chart success) and I think you would find they thought very differently of the two.

The lack of what most radio 1 listeners would class as singing is I think the easiest divider between them.

Both canny bands like and I agree Art Brut are a better listen.

146089[/snapback]

I think if you put My Little Brother or Formed a Band into a Franz Ferdinand set no-one would call it a change of direction.

Can't see it myself. Art Brut are much more like a punk band for me and I can't see a FF crowd going for that with the more polished stuff that they're used to.

Mind you my initial Pixies/New Order comparisson might have been a bit of a stretch.