Gary Neville on 'Rio's World Cup Wind-Ups'

Happy Face

On the whole, we can assume that 'Rio Ferdinand's World Cup Wind-Ups', to be broadcast on ITV1 from June 10, will be rather naff.

There is, obviously, a hefty sense of irony in the England defender pulling pranks on his soft-headed team-mates ahead of the World Cup given that, two years ago, the apparently absent-minded Rio was handed a nine-month ban on account of his decision to go shopping rather than fill up a bottle.

As with MTV's 'Punked' series, we can be sure that the pranks are ultimately flattering rather than demeaning; by revealing the hoax just when the situation is verging on turning serious, the 'Punked' stars are depicted as good sports, game for a laugh, rather than the mean-spirited egotists you suspect that five minutes more of filming would display.

Yet, by judging by the tantalising previews so far offered, the case of Gary Neville may prove an entertaining exception.

The premise, according to Rio, is that "the two things that really get under Gary's skin are scousers and policemen." And so it is that the infuriated ManYoo full-back is next seen being informed by a scouse copper, with a 'tone of mocking arrogance', that he has committed numerous driving offences and has two options: to accept the six points and a criminal record or pose for a photo with Her Majesty's officer.

An easy cop-out, you might think if you also hold a penchant for naff puns, but not for Gary. Arms folded, bristling with a mixture of defiance and rage, he informs the copper:

"Give me the six points. Just give me the six points. I'm not negotiable."

Tremendous.

:lol:

Proper Manc!

He's from Bury.

And he's a dick!

146150[/snapback]

He is a dick, but I respect his stance against scousers and the law.

146169[/snapback]

all that is wrong in the youth of today, summed up in one sentence. :lol:

He's from Bury.

And he's a dick!

146150[/snapback]

He is a dick, but I respect his stance against scousers and the law.

146169[/snapback]

all that is wrong in the youth of today, summed up in one sentence. :lol:

146181[/snapback]

Sorry, missed off the :o

:unsure: