Bowyer signs for West Ham

Guest CrimsonFault

Interesting.

another quality squad player that leaves. Hopefully to be replaced by much better.

146724[/snapback]

the amount of quality games he had here you can count on one hand

146726[/snapback]

Agreed, not my favourite player by any stretch of the imagination, but when he was on form he was a cracking player, but it was too few and far between to be kept imo.

Bowyer takes big pay cut for 'dream move' to West Ham for £750,000

By Jason Burt

Published: 09 June 2006

Lee Bowyer last night joined West Ham United from Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee, thought to be about £750,000.

The 29-year-old midfielder has also taken a substantial pay cut to sign for the club he supported as a boy. His departure will heighten Newcastle's efforts to sign Fulham's Steed Malbranque for £4m.

Bowyer, capped once by England, had a six-month stint with the Hammers in 2003 before moving to St James' Park. He said: "I am desperate to do well for West Ham. I loved my time at Newcastle but this is my club. I didn't play well last time. I had a bad ankle injury and kept playing on it which was to nobody's benefit. I see this as unfinished business. I want to show the fans what I can do."

Chelsea are set to bank an impressive return for Robert Huth, with Middlesbrough having agreed to pay £6m for the 21-year-old German international.

Chelsea are also prepared to sell Carlton Cole to Tottenham Hotspur but no fee has been agreed.

Lee Bowyer last night joined West Ham United from Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee, thought to be about £750,000.

The 29-year-old midfielder has also taken a substantial pay cut to sign for the club he supported as a boy. His departure will heighten Newcastle's efforts to sign Fulham's Steed Malbranque for £4m.

Bowyer, capped once by England, had a six-month stint with the Hammers in 2003 before moving to St James' Park. He said: "I am desperate to do well for West Ham. I loved my time at Newcastle but this is my club. I didn't play well last time. I had a bad ankle injury and kept playing on it which was to nobody's benefit. I see this as unfinished business. I want to show the fans what I can do."

Bowyer takes big pay cut for 'dream move' to West Ham for £750,000

By Jason Burt

Published: 09 June 2006

Chelsea are set to bank an impressive return for Robert Huth, with Middlesbrough having agreed to pay £6m for the 21-year-old German international.

Chelsea are also prepared to sell Carlton Cole to Tottenham Hotspur but no fee has been agreed.

146800[/snapback]

So good they said it twice :lol:

Glad to see the back of him tbh...I'm sure we can do a lot better things with the wages he was supposed to be on. :unsure:

Guest alex

Aye, chinning Dyer was GREAT ©. Apart from making the club a laughing stock he made sure both him and Dyer were banned for the semi final against Man Utd. Class.

A poor signing to be fair to Sir Berb, even though we got him for nowt. Did it once every so often which just wasn't good enough. I expect he'll do pretty much fuck all at West Ham as well.

i'm glad he's gone. he's been a massive disappointment for us and we can't afford to pay a squad player £50k a week.

shame he never reproduced his leeds form for us. now all we ned is for amdy faye to follow him on his way out

Guest alex
I second that.

146931[/snapback]

i think there are worse players in our squad but the wages he was on didnt justify us keeping him. Good move for all involved really, bring on next season!

146936[/snapback]

Sums up my thoughts. I'd also agree with the prior comments about getting rid of Amady Faye next.

I've got nowt against him but I can't say that he's a loss. However, we are now left with only Parker and Emre (if he stays and stays fit) who can play centre mid (not counting on Dyer playing at all at the moment) and possibly Pattison coming through. So we are desperately short of numbers there.

glad he's gone as long as we can get a replacement, either through a young player coming through the ranks or purchasing from another club.

So we're short everywhere, and Roeder has his work cut out. Talking to fans of other clubs, one of his weakest points as a manager seems to be buying top class players, and of course he does not have a big profile, so this is a worry, to me at least.