Bowyer signs for West Ham

Guest CrimsonFault

glad he's gone as long as we can get a replacement, either through a young player coming through the ranks or purchasing from another club.

146944[/snapback]

Profound. :lol:

So we're short everywhere, and Roeder has his work cut out. Talking to fans of other clubs, one of his weakest points as a manager seems to be buying top class players, and of course he does not have a big profile, so this is a worry, to me at least.

146945[/snapback]

this was always the big question mark against his appointment hasn't it. good coach but shit manager, next season wont offer any great surprises (i dont think)

:lol:

So we're short everywhere, and Roeder has his work cut out. Talking to fans of other clubs, one of his weakest points as a manager seems to be buying top class players, and of course he does not have a big profile, so this is a worry, to me at least.

146945[/snapback]

Freddie buys the players, so this doesnt really matter

146945[/snapback]

147029[/snapback]

Only the ones that have proved successful with hindsight is what I heard.

146945[/snapback]

147029[/snapback]

Aye, there is no point in having a manager then.

Roeder has never managed a club that has been able to buy top class players so I can't imagine what fans you have been talking to mate.

I hope they have some money, as Faye is crap, Clark is finished which only leaves Emre and Parker, and Butt.

146945[/snapback]

147029[/snapback]

Roeder has never managed a club that has been able to buy top class players so I can't imagine what fans you have been talking to mate.

I hope they have some money, as Faye is crap, Clark is finished which only leaves Emre and Parker, and Butt.

147082[/snapback]

I assume you're referring to me and I mean West Ham ones. He spent quite a bit there iirc. And I doubt he'll have much to spend here this year at least, unless he proves shrewd in the transfer market, which he hasn't really done before. But maybe this time it will be different, I don't know.

You said earlier that not getting O'Neill was no great loss, and it was pointed out that O'Neill hasn't failed anywhere he's been at, whereas Roeder has - 3 times (and every time) in fact. Given their respective managerial records, are you seriously saying you'd rather have Roeder than O'Neill, because that's how it's coming across to me.

146945[/snapback]

147029[/snapback]

147082[/snapback]

I assume you're referring to me and I mean West Ham ones. He spent quite a bit there iirc. And I doubt he'll have much to spend here this year at least, unless he proves shrewd in the transfer market, which he hasn't really done before. But maybe this time it will be different, I don't know.

You said earlier that not getting O'Neill was no great loss, and it was pointed out that O'Neill hasn't failed anywhere he's been at, whereas Roeder has - 3 times (and every time) in fact. Given their respective managerial records, are you seriously saying you'd rather have Roeder than O'Neill, because that's how it's coming across to me.

147103[/snapback]

At West Ham he was forced to sell all of the best players, so I don't think he can be judged on that. They weren't in a position to attract top players like we are.

At West Ham he was forced to sell all of the best players, so I don't think he can be judged on that. They weren't in a position to attract top players like we are.

Who was he forced to sell?

The only decent player I can think of that left was Lampard but that was at the start of Roeder's time as caretaker.

Who was he forced to sell?

The only decent player I can think of that left was Lampard but that was at the start of Roeder's time as caretaker.

147135[/snapback]

I thought the firesale happened after they were relegated like.

I'd be honest enough to say I don't know a great deal about West Ham and what went wrong that year, but it is a fact he got a fairly talented team relegated. And that he did this at Watford. And almost did at Gillingham. That can't be all down to bad luck and poor chairmanship, and I doubt it would happen to a truely talented manager like O'Neill (imo).

I hope of course that Roeder can prove doubters like myself wrong, I really do. But at the same time I find it pretty strange that people can forget about his past so readily, and convince themselves he is a top class manager after 20 games or whatever for us.

The single most important position of employment at any club is the manager's post. We went for the cheap, easy option, and employed a man who has failed at all his previous clubs - that's the bottom line. We may regret it.

Good that he's left the club.

I'll probably be the only person who wishes him well at West Ham because since it's his club he'll play regular. Him and Reo-Coker in the centre.

Good also that it's got £50k (or something like that) off our wage bill

Guest CrimsonFault
Fantastic news :razz:

147211[/snapback]

It's more than likely that he'll be wiping that grin off your face with a hat-trick of over-head kicks next season for West Ham at SJP in the last minute to win the game 5-4 and prevent us from winning the Premiership on the last day of the season.

he never played consistently , he took a lot of $$ out of the club, he was an ENORMOUS distraction, he made us look a laughiing stock when he dobbed Dire

Good riddance and I hope he's happy with his NF mates in East Lahndahn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bowyer has never lived up to the hype surrounding his time at Leeds, however I hope by Bowyer going it does not mean that we will be left with Faye and/or Butt who I would much rather have seen leave first.

Fantastic news :angry:

147211[/snapback]

It's more than likely that he'll be wiping that grin off your face with a hat-trick of over-head kicks next season for West Ham at SJP in the last minute to win the game 5-4 and prevent us from winning the Premiership on the last day of the season.

147213[/snapback]

:razz::blush::slap:;)

I wouldnt be surprised if he did score against us though, but the fact that he could is nowhere near a good enough reason to keep him at SJP.