Germany v Costa Rica - 9/6 5PM BBC1

Guest Sima

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Hansen'go ahead Martin, you explain it'

Martin O'Neil 'Well the ball, the player......the ball....the ball! *long pause*

Shearer & hansen' yeah, yeah, yeah erm...'

All O'Neil has ever done so far is disagree with everything that anyone says. I find him really annoying to listen too to be honest.

:razz:

Great game to start the WC. That balls moves wickedly, but I don't feel sorry for the keepers.

Game went like expected. The Jorman defence is poor as the central defenders don't really work together. Most goals Jormany concede is by deadly passes into the back of the defence. In contrast to the past Jormany isn't well stocked with centre halfs of the calibre of Kohler etc. Metzelder was a good player but nearly three years out with injuries have taken their toll. Mertesacker isn't that bad normally but like Huth is too young and unproven yet.

Therefore I actually quite like the Klinsmann's change in philosophy of Jorman football. It's not all about conceding on less than the opponent any more, but scoring one more.