Coleman on 5-Live: Boa going nowhere

The Mighty Hog

Basically saying there's no chance now. We were given the price 6 weeks ago, never even came close to it even when we've upped our offers. Boa has been made captain and is staying put. Even if we met the fee now he'd still stay put. Seems to be poo-pooing the Boa Morte unhappy angle, if he had itchy feet he'd never have got the captaincy.

I'm not suprised. We've fannied on for too long now. If we really wanted him he'd be here. Fatty has decided to make do with what we've got I reckon.

11712[/snapback]

Nothing to do with 'fatty'. It was the decision of the manager that certain players be allowed to leave without replacement, putting the club in what is now a desperate position when it comes to bringing in replacements. It is this position that is causing clubs to overprice their players. FS can and will make fair offers for players Souness wants, but I don't believe for a second he should allow the club to be held to ransom, paying stupid fees for players worse than the ones Souness was unable to manage and booted out.

I'm getting a growing feeling now that we won't be making any more signings until january now.

11722[/snapback]

;)

My thoughts exactly. My theory is FS has given up on Souness and is therefore not giving him anymore money to spend. The Owen and to a lesser extent, Boa Morte deals are convenient smoke screens. Rightly or wrongly Souness is being hung out to dry.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I'm getting a growing feeling now that we won't be making any more signings until january now.

11722[/snapback]

;)

My thoughts exactly. My theory is FS has given up on Souness and is therefore not giving him anymore money to spend. The Owen and to a lesser extent, Boa Morte deals are convenient smoke screens. Rightly or wrongly Souness is being hung out to dry.

11726[/snapback]

I can believe that alright. I guess we can prepare for another knee-jerk appointment as manager sooner or later ;)

11722[/snapback]

:)

11726[/snapback]

I can believe that alright. I guess we can prepare for another knee-jerk appointment as manager sooner or later ;)

11740[/snapback]

Ironic if the next manager was Coleman. Looking likely to face the axe a short time after Souey so in that sense would be a reasonable appointment.

Is Hitzfeld still out of work or is it way too late to hire him now? ;)

11722[/snapback]

11726[/snapback]

11740[/snapback]

Ironic if the next manager was Coleman. Looking likely to face the axe a short time after Souey so in that sense would be a reasonable appointment.

11868[/snapback]

hitzfeld for fucks sake,people slag off the idea of us getting owen but hitzfeld is still a possibility.....but we arent the only team looking to buy after the seasons started,liverpool after centre half,man u after centre half and midfield cover,arsenal after centre midfield,some big deals will still be done before aug 31st...will we do any..i dont know!

11722[/snapback]

11726[/snapback]

11740[/snapback]

11868[/snapback]

hitzfeld for fucks sake,people slag off the idea of us getting owen but hitzfeld is still a possibility.....but we arent the only team looking to buy after the seasons started,liverpool after centre half,man u after centre half and midfield cover,arsenal after centre midfield,some big deals will still be done before aug 31st...will we do any..i dont know!

11873[/snapback]

Ah but he expressed interest in the job originally I believe, whereas Owen has made it clear hed prefer a move to ManUre or Liverpool.

11722[/snapback]

:razz:

11726[/snapback]

11740[/snapback]

Is Hitzfeld still out of work or is it way too late to hire him now? :)

11868[/snapback]

11873[/snapback]

Ah but he expressed interest in the job originally I believe

11882[/snapback]

When was this? ;)

11722[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

11726[/snapback]

11740[/snapback]

Is Hitzfeld still out of work or is it way too late to hire him now? :razz:

11868[/snapback]

11873[/snapback]

Ah but he expressed interest in the job originally I believe

11882[/snapback]

When was this? ;)

11883[/snapback]

Well don't quote me on this but before Souey was appointed there seemed to be a big hoo hah on NUFC Online about FF turning down Hitzfeld and hiring Souey?

If that rumour was true and Hitzfeld did want the NUFC job, I'm wondering if he'd be interested again, providing he hadn't been hired by someone else. :)

Well don't quote me on this but before Souey was appointed there seemed to be a big hoo hah on NUFC Online about FF turning down Hitzfeld and hiring Souey?

If that rumour was true and Hitzfeld did want the NUFC job, I'm wondering if he'd be interested again, providing he hadn't been hired by someone else.  ;)

11886[/snapback]

As far as i`m aware this was never the case and just wishful thinking by many on the board who believe stories such as the Rooney one.

Our resident jorman, Isegrim, even told us at the time of the appointment that Hitzfield had been in the German media expressing how he had no interest to return to any jobs within football at that time.