Berlin

Happy Face

I really have dragged this thread from the depths but couldn't find a more recent one. A friend of mine is going to Berlin for New Year - what does she need to see/do/avoid? Thank you :)

I totally fell in love with the place when I was there last month, it's my sort of city - all sorts to do, you can just wander in any direction and get lost in it all.

I'd offer some advice, but it'd be woefully copied and pasted from Meenzer. :lol: So my advice is.. drink all the beer.

If you are for historical buildings then rather go to Potsdam which has much more to offer.

If you are going for the things like clubbing just don't go to the common tourist places like Oranienburger Straße where you only will find pricks and whores. If you are heading for smaller pubs and clubs outside these tourist magnets you won't get too many problems to get in, even as a group of people.

Finding friendly people will be very hard as even by Jorman standards Berliners are the top bollocks of grumpiness.

I found the Berliners as some of the friendliest I've met in Germany. Probably just my charisma. Ich habst die beste Silvester in Berlin.

I really have dragged this thread from the depths but couldn't find a more recent one. A friend of mine is going to Berlin for New Year - what does she need to see/do/avoid? Thank you :)

Berlin is really good for NYE. Spent a couple there and they were the best ever.

Hope your, err, 'friend' enjoys herself.

;)

Hope your, err, 'friend' enjoys herself.

;)

I'm sure "she" will! :lol:

I on the other hand will be working nightshift on NYE because I'm a bit of a mentalist.

(And it's the only way I get Christmas off)

• 3 weeks later...

In Germany tonight, Munich as usual though. It's a bizarre place Bavaria. I am at the hotel restaurant. I got told off because I just wandered down to get some food without making a reservation!

Pumpkin soup and braised ox cheek if you're interested.

In Germany tonight, Munich as usual though. It's a bizarre place Bavaria. I am at the hotel restaurant. I got told off because I just wandered down to get some food without making a reservation!

Pumpkin soup and braised ox cheek if you're interested.

Similar thing hapenned to me in the Tyrolian Alps. Can't remember if they were Italian, German or Swiss...I was very, very drunk.