How much.......

Rob W

dowill the taxpayer be in for as Compensation for the family who had their house broken into by an armed mob of 250, the place pulled apart, someone shot "by accident", their name balzed over the world's press and them banged up for a week or so

Zillions I expect -another great score by the Met

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it takes a couple of innocent homes getting raided in the process of stopping a terrorist attack that could harm hundreds, its a price worth paying imo.

If it takes a couple of innocent homes getting raided in the process of stopping a terrorist attack that could harm hundreds, its a price worth paying imo.

147332[/snapback]

You'd still think the same if you were that man, would you?

147332[/snapback]

147334[/snapback]

I'm looking at the bigger picture, and as I said before, if it takes a few mistakes in order to stop a major terrorist act than as unfortunate as it is for a very few individuals, then so be it.

147332[/snapback]

147334[/snapback]

I'm looking at the bigger picture, and as I said before, if it takes a few mistakes in order to stop a major terrorist act than as unfortunate as it is for a very few individuals, then so be it.

147335[/snapback]

Ok if we shoot you as well? :razz::blush:

147332[/snapback]

147334[/snapback]

147335[/snapback]

Ok if we shoot you as well? :blush::slap:

147506[/snapback]

Yeah, knock yourself out !

:razz:

I'll be round at 04:00 with 250 lahndahners and a "marksman"

147561[/snapback]

Should I put the kettle on ?

147332[/snapback]

I'd agree, but you have to ask questions of the intelligence coming in as it seems there as many false alarms as sucessful raids.

147332[/snapback]

I'd agree, but you have to ask questions of the intelligence coming in as it seems there as many false alarms as sucessful raids.

147576[/snapback]

I totally agree.

there's never going to be 100% success rate, but you have to follow up credible leads just in case.

Add to that this lead is only now seeming incredible because of further investigation that was probably only possible after arrests/raids were made.

To be honest if Police kicked down my door and proclaimed they were carrying out a raid I'd comply whole heartedly, not because I agree with such an invasion ofmy privqacy, but simply I wouldn't trust armed policemen in this climate to keep fingers off triggers if I kicked up a fuss..

The police knocked down the door of one of my colleagues last week (a lass who lives alone) leaving a right mess. Turns out it was a case of mistaken address - they meant to get the one next door. The bloke next door has been accused of raping a girl at a party, and the police now want to DNA profile EVERY man who was present. Thing is, she was pissed out of her mind at the time and can't remember any details. I would say the chances of conviction were zero - but how much money is being wasted and what about the intrusion into innocent peoples' lives, not to mention probably having their details stored away on some computer?

As for the case Rob is talking about, you have to worry about the quality of intelligence the police are acting on. And 250 officers seems pretty excessive for acting on a hunch. Have they actually intercepted any terrorists yet? Is it a possibility they are looking for people who don't exist?

The Police had to act on the intelligence they received. However, it seems like they got this one badly wrong which is a real shame for a good few reasons. Not least the fact that it may turn out to have a negative impact on Muslim members of the community in this country approaching the authorities with information about potential terrorists.

Also, according to Radio 5 the other night several thousand Muslims have been arrested in connection with terrorist investigations (I think the figure was 4,000). These arrests have resulted in about 20 convictions. No wonder some Muslims feel they're being victimised.

The Police had to act on the intelligence they received. However, it seems like they got this one badly wrong which is a real shame for a good few reasons. Not least the fact that it may turn out to have a negative impact on Muslim members of the community in this country approaching the authorities with information about potential terrorists.

Also, according to Radio 5 the other night several thousand Muslims have been arrested in connection with terrorist investigations (I think the figure was 4,000). These arrests have resulted in about 20 convictions. No wonder some Muslims feel they're being victimised.

147646[/snapback]

Not a good success rate then. The least we should expect though is honesty - there are conflicting reports of how the gun was used, just as there was with the Brazilian lad who was shot. Covering it up in the short term just causes wider resentment.

Btw, the idea of "chemical jackets" I think is bollocks, which was why I was skeptical from the start about this case. If there is another attack it will likely be using home-made bombs.

That well known bleeding heart Liberal Ian Duncan-Smith reckons that people are shopping people they don't like or have a grudge against - which is what happens when you have to rely on informers

147561[/snapback]

147563[/snapback]

"Man Shot by police in self defence- he was about to attack us with a boiling container of strange biochemical fluid which was prepared from biological substances imported into this country from S Asia a spokesman said - we decided to lay waste to the whole area for a mile around just in case"

147561[/snapback]

147563[/snapback]

"Man Shot by police in self defence- he was about to attack us with a boiling container of strange biochemical fluid which was prepared from biological substances imported into this country from S Asia a spokesman said - we decided to lay waste to the whole area for a mile around just in case"

147689[/snapback]

:blush:

147561[/snapback]

147563[/snapback]

147689[/snapback]

:blush:

Nuking the town would be the only right and proper countermeasure tbh !

147561[/snapback]

147563[/snapback]

147689[/snapback]

Shame we didn't shoot this bloke in the bollocks. Still, Rob, "he'd served his time"..one of your expressions I believe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/5069656.stm

What percentage of people don't re-offend ? Try telling that to this little girl and her family.

I fail to see the relevence tbh.

147902[/snapback]

The relevance is tolerance levels.

If someone is found to be living near you, and is a possible rapist, do you want action taken or not ?

If someone is found to be living near you, and you get information that he might be about to blow up your street, do you want the police to take their time and investigate every avenue giving him more time to plant the device, or get themselves in and attempt to prevent it from happening ?

Rather than say this shouldn't be happening, I think it should happen more. Do you want your kids, wife and yourself to be safe walking to and from school, or not.

Zero tolerance with all rapists, terrorists, kiddy fiddlers and muggers, is the connection.

Someone with vast intelligence, like Renton, will explain. Unless he prefers to find an excuse to defend them.

:razz: I still fail to see the relevence. Perhaps you should have started another thread you frootloop. Btw, I'm not answering your questions for the time being at least as a protest at you ignoring mine and everyone else's :blush:

Rather than say this shouldn't be happening, I think it should happen more.

Zero tolerance with all rapists, terrorists, kiddy fiddlers and muggers, is the connection.

147906[/snapback]

You think the police should make more false raids? We cannot simply go barging in with the slightest bit of info- not because of an issue of individual rights against the greater good, but that such acts will restrict the flow of information from certain parts of the community, resulting in even sketchier intelligence. Never mind the time and effort put in, which for whatever reason has been wasted. I certainly wouldn't blame those on the front line, but those making the calls.

The poor intelligence has damaged the efforts to track terrorists, not assisted it. Let's face it, it's not a huge leap of logic to suggest that radical elements amongst the Muslim community could feed false information to the Police and security services in the full knowledge the action will cause anger amongst moderates but potentially act as a recruiting drive for the terrorists.