England v Paraguay - 10/6 2PM BBC1

Scottish Mag

A great start but went downhill soon after, can't blame the players, I thought the tactics were shocking, as were the substutions, I firmly believe we have the players to win this competition, but as I feared before the competition the coaching staff especially that cock of a manager will wreck any chance we have of picking up the trophy.

A great start but went downhill soon after, can't blame the players, I thought the tactics were shocking, as were the substutions, I firmly believe we have the players to win this competition, but as I feared before the competition the coaching staff especially that cock of a manager will wreck any chance we have of picking up the trophy.

147367[/snapback]

I kind of agree but if the players only used 1/2 their tanks up by sitting back then in the long run it might be the good decision. Only time will tell.

Edited by Holden McGroin

only need to beat the T'n'T boys and we'll win the group.

pros and cons of that are as follows

+ We can rest big names/injury doubts against Sweden in our last game.

- We haven't seen our full strength side take on a real challenge.

+ No Pressure on the lads after T'n'T

- No pressure on the Lads after T'n'T

no

if we beat T'n'T we're on six

if Sweden beat Paraguay they're on 4 so they need... oh wait.

erm

Look! A distraction!!

:blush:

:razz:

................. can't blame the players, I thought the tactics were shocking, ............

147367[/snapback]

Givvower son the players were to blame, it had nowt to do with tactics.

Sven (as much as I dislike him) started the team I would have started and after a fairly bright start they just faded away to mediocracy in the first half before any changes were made.

In the second half they sank below being mediocre and that may have been due to bad substitutions but I hardly think the infusion of Downing & Hargreaves should have lowered things to such a level.

The much lauded mid-field four engine was only firing on two cylinders most of the match and whose fault was that.

Forgot to mention - did everyone see Flintoff getting interviewed in the build up.  He was fucking mortal again. :razz:

147567[/snapback]

Was going to bring the same thing up.....what was it Lineker said?

"Looks like the party has already started!" :blush:

It was when he gurned into the camera "We're in Frankfurt, it's just amazing, I mean....Frankfurt....amazing"

ace

That's what an England Captain should act like! :razz: