BBC TV commentary

Toonraider

Great, i pressed the 'red button' and got rid of Lawro and motson, i chose the 5live commentary, much prefer Alan Green....obviously at half time i went back to the studio for Gary and BigAl though :razz:

Great, i pressed the 'red button' and got rid of Lawro and motson,  i chose the 5live commentary, much prefer Alan Green....obviously at half time i went back to the studio for Gary and BigAl though  :razz:

147403[/snapback]

is that what that was?

i find the interactive options incredibly distracting so i always press the 'back' button to get rid.

Great, i pressed the 'red button' and got rid of Lawro and motson,  i chose the 5live commentary, much prefer Alan Green....obviously at half time i went back to the studio for Gary and BigAl though  :razz:

147403[/snapback]

is that what that was?

i find the interactive options incredibly distracting so i always press the 'back' button to get rid.

147409[/snapback]

i think there were several options, but that was one of them! you can also view highlights.

Edited by Toonraider

I'm assuming you bastards don't have to put up with Gary Bloom?

Makes me want to put a screwdriver through me ear. Wanker.

147422[/snapback]

:blush:

147423[/snapback]

I'm just being affectionate :razz:

I'm assuming you bastards don't have to put up with Gary Bloom?

Makes me want to put a screwdriver through me ear. Wanker.

147422[/snapback]

:blush:

No, but motty is bad enough :slap: Like Lazarus i normally avoid the option button, its slow and i get in a muddle with it! But Motson and Lawro drove me to it today, one option was a woman with a geordie lad (as in child) commentating :razz:

I tried to get rid of that fucking imbecile motson and found it only gave me the choice of him or some 8yr olds. No prizes for guessing which i chose  :slap:

147424[/snapback]

I knew i heard a kid!! :blush: i think he had a geordie accent, but might be wrong.

Wonder why you didnt get the 5live option aswell though :razz:

Radio commentary is too descriptive if you've got the pictures. Plus Alan Green is a tit. I tried listening to the 5Live commentary because Motson is a fucking shambles, but the commentary was too busy if you're watching it as well.

:razz: can't get different commentary on Freeview. I'm tempted to turn the radio on beside the t.v.

anyone know what the delay between picture and sound is likely to be?

Radio commentary is too descriptive if you've got the pictures.  Plus Alan Green is a tit.  I tried listening to the 5Live commentary because Motson is a fucking shambles, but the commentary was too busy if you're watching it as well.

147525[/snapback]

Yeah it is obviously descriptive, my son said the same, it was bugging him!! He put it on the No Commentary option, he rekoned just hearing the crowd was nearer to being there, but i had to change it, it seemed so wrong to have nothing at all

Radio commentary is too descriptive if you've got the pictures.  Plus Alan Green is a tit.  I tried listening to the 5Live commentary because Motson is a fucking shambles, but the commentary was too busy if you're watching it as well.

147525[/snapback]

I watched the semi-final of Euro 96 with the volume down and Capital Radio on in the bar of the student union. This was the days when Jonathan Pearce used to do the football commentary on there before he went over to the BBC and never used to hold back on his true feelings...

I remember him commenting more than once on the fact that the German scorer that night was appropriately named.

His name was 'Kuntz' if anyone needed reminding! :razz:

course if you're not happy with any of the BBC 1 commentators, you could always watch the games on UKTV G2. How on earth did this channel get all the matches live anyway? :razz:

Nah, they've got all the same games as the Beeb, it's just an offshoot with adverts. Some of it's quite funny, the commentators are more excitable, but Jonathan Pearce for me is the best commentator around at the moment, and with Martin O'Neill in the studio the BBC have managed to get it about right. :(

O'Neill's been desperate IMO. He's funny, but only because he's so clueless and forgetful really. Best bit I've ever seen with O'Neill was when they had Robbie Williams in the studio and he goes "I'd just like to say well done to Robbie, because when he left Take That I really thought that would be the finish of him, but somehow he's managed to make a career for himself. So congratulations."

The definition of a backhanded compliment. :(

I've noticed that Motson is doing his stupid laugh at things that aren't remotely funny, more at this tournament than ever before. Sometimes at what his co-comentator says, sometimes at something he's said himself!