Argentina v Ivory Coast - 10/6 8PM ITV

MattM4

Difference between the two sides is clinical finishing.

Argentina should be three up and Pleat is a clueless idiot, Le Tissier is apparently in goal for CIV

On the evidence of today either of these two would cream Ingerlund

147440[/snapback]

agreed, regrettably. But England usually get off their arses when their backs are against the wall against the big guns.

erm.

they're not aal pooftas man.

147440[/snapback]

agreed, regrettably. But England usually get off their arses when their backs are against the wall against the big guns.

erm.

147449[/snapback]

Yes I wanted to mention this, it's weird how ENgland do have a tendency to be dragged to the level of their opponents. Upwards or Downwards. example the game v the Argies in Geneva.

thought Argies defense was a bit suss and they clearly do not like facing pace and trickery from wingers, I'd be tempted to start Lennon on the right against this bunch of cheating Llama fucking toss-shanks.

Ivory Coast have nothing that we should be afraid of, they lack the cutting edge and their danger men were Drogba and Yaya Toure, stifle Yaya's supply to Drogba and the wide men adn you strangle off any threat from their attackers.

as an aside I thought Boka and Yaya Toure were very capable plaeyrs, and I wouldn't mind seeing either at the toon.

Boka reminded me of Bernard and wasn't afraid to shout at his team-mates either.

147440[/snapback]

erm.

147449[/snapback]

Yes I wanted to mention this, it's weird how ENgland do have a tendency to be dragged to the level of their opponents. Upwards or Downwards. example the game v the Argies in Geneva.

147453[/snapback]

The problem I have with that game is that until the Argies made all their substitutions they were well in control. Yeah England won, but only against the B team for the last 15/20 minutes.

thought Argies defense was a bit suss and they clearly do not like facing pace and trickery from wingers, I'd be tempted to start Lennon on the right against this bunch of cheating Llama fucking toss-shanks.

Ivory Coast have nothing that we should be afraid of, they lack the cutting edge and their danger men were Drogba and Yaya Toure, stifle Yaya's supply to Drogba and the wide men adn you strangle off any threat from their attackers.

as an aside I thought Boka and Yaya Toure were very capable plaeyrs, and I wouldn't mind seeing either at the toon.

Boka reminded me of Bernard and wasn't afraid to shout at his team-mates either.

147454[/snapback]

and drop Beckham?

Edited by Sima

and drop Beckham?

147511[/snapback]

I feel yesterday Lennon would have been perfect out on the right we were begging for pace. Slip Beckham into the centre.

But I'm sure Sven knows better ...

trouble is that to put Beckham in the centre of a 4-4-2 you'd have to drop Gerrard or Lampard, both of whom not only play in that position week in week, but do so at a standard well above any one else in our league.

I wouldn't drop Beckham. Shuffle things a bit and bring Lennon on if we're chasing the game or want to give the opposition something to think about defensively if we're under pressure, but barring injury I wouldn't want to start any games without Beckham in the side.

I wouldn't drop Beckham.  Shuffle things a bit and bring Lennon on if we're chasing the game or want to give the opposition something to think about defensively if we're under pressure, but barring injury I wouldn't want to start any games without Beckham in the side.

147552[/snapback]

Purely because of his talent? or because he's the captain?

More likely play a 4-5-1

147540[/snapback]

With who as the one up-front?

147667[/snapback]

Against the Argies?

Well Rooney if he's fit.

He's got the pace, strength and trickery to do damage...

I fear Owen and Crouch are a bit lightweight against their center backs.

More likely play a 4-5-1

147540[/snapback]

With who as the one up-front?

147667[/snapback]

Against the Argies?

Well Rooney if he's fit.

He's got the pace, strength and trickery to do damage...

I fear Owen and Crouch are a bit lightweight against their center backs.

147715[/snapback]

Nah, got to be Owen and Rooney (if fit).

means we're pretty static on the right, would allow Sorin to get forward more often.

147726[/snapback]

If I was to make special plans for any Argentinian players I don't think it would be Sorin. Good player though he is.

it's not that Sorin in particular is a player that is threatening, simply that he can provide support, and outlets to their attacking players.