Sunday Rag Round Up

Scottish Mag

Manchester United will sue England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson if striker Wayne Rooney suffers an injury breakdown at the World Cup. (News of the World, Sunday Mirror)

Tottenham have told Manchester United that they will have to pay £20m to land midfielder Michael Carrick. (News of the World)

However the deal could have already been done, with Tottenham accepting £12m. (Daily Star Sunday)

If Carrick does sign for Manchester United, Tottenham will join Liverpool in the race to sign Chelsea winger Damien Duff. (Daily Star Sunday)

Former Newcastle and Chelsea boss Ruud Gullit is a candidate for the vacant manager's job at Crystal Palace. (The People)

Liverpool are after Real Zaragoza midfielder Alberto Zapater. (News of the World)

The Anfield club have also had an £8m bid for Sevilla winger Daniel Alaves turned down by the Spanish club. (Sunday Mirror)

Liverpool are keen on Middlesbrough striker Mark Viduka, who is available for £1.5m, as the club look to replace the injured Djibril Cisse. (The People)

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has been told that he can make a £12m bid for Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe. (Sunday Mirror)

Although that figure could be nearer £9m. (The People)

Newcastle are poised to make a £10m bid for West Ham striker Dean Ashton to fill the void left by Alan Shearer. (Daily Star Sunday)

The Magpies are also lining up a £500,00 swoop for Celtic striker John Hartson. (The People)

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is to end speculation over his future by signing a four-year deal with the Stamford Bridge club. (News of the World)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is prepared to play a waiting game in the chase for West Brom defender Curtis Davis. (Daily Star Sunday)

Reading are to make a surprise £2m move for Manchester City keeper David James. (The People)

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard is wanted by Barcelona. (Mail on Sunday)

Real Madrid have stepped up their interest in Manchester United target Mahamadou Diarra of Lyon. (Daily Star Sunday)

Everton duo James McFadden and Gary Naysmith could be offloaded in the summer to make way for new signings. (The People)

Charlton are closing in on the £2.5m signing of Reading skipper Steve Sidwell. (Daily Star Sunday)

Is Dean Ashton a northern lad ? Could we persuade him to leave West Ham ..

147479[/snapback]

He's from Crewe.

I'm far from convinced about Ashton, I work with a lot of Norwich City season ticket holders and most of them were delighted that Ashton was sold, most considered him a fat lazy player who was very selective in which matches he performed in.

If these talks of Sidwell leaving Reading are true (albeit he's waiting for Reading to offer a suitable contract), why the fuck aren't the toon in for him?

2.5 million would be a worthy investment.

Is Dean Ashton a northern lad ? Could we persuade him to leave West Ham ..

147479[/snapback]

He's from Crewe.

I'm far from convinced about Ashton, I work with a lot of Norwich City season ticket holders and most of them were delighted that Ashton was sold, most considered him a fat lazy player who was very selective in which matches he performed in.

147527[/snapback]

Did they say this before or after he left though? Suppporters can have a bit of a 'selective' memory about these things. I like him but I agree with comments about us having missed the boat and £10million being too much. I liked him before the Cup Final too btw :razz:

Anything over 5 million for Ashton is far too much.

Ditto Defoe.

I'd hate to see Hartson being the only signing striker-wise...hopefully Kuyt is still a possibility but I believe our chances of signing him have become somewhat tenuous...

Anal is saying that we are deffinitely not interested in Hartson and he will join WBA this week.

He also wasn't impressed with Kuyt yesterday so we can't buy him apparently!

I thought he looked a good player myself.

Anal is saying that we are deffinitely not interested in Hartson and he will join WBA this week.

He also wasn't impressed with Kuyt yesterday so we can't buy him apparently!

I thought he looked a good player myself.

147733[/snapback]

I saw that, what a joke.