Camera along the line

MattM4

For those of you who saw the game last night (Argies vs Ivory Coast), there was an incident from a corner where Ayala headed the ball, and the keeper just about fumbled it out, before it crossed the line.

Anyway, since this kind of incident has arised in the Premierleague, SKY managed to implement cameras right along the goal line for all the games they cover.

Now I was waiting for the replays last night, thinking ah hopefully the World Cup people will have followed suit... but no.

More proof that english coverage rules all.

Also where I saw it it was clearly not a goal. I was pretty sure I could see the shadow faintly on the goalline, and hardly any of the ball had crossed the line.

147491[/snapback]

I have the exact opposite view to you :razz:

Hit inside of post, went backwards = goal IMO

I don't think it crossed the line either, but would have liked to have been given the absolute proof. I had the same reasoning as you at first Toonpack but after seeing a few replays, I'm pretty sure it didn't completely cross.

Maybe FIFA just didn't want to give us the opportunity to see that one of their beloved refs could be wrong :razz:

Also where I saw it it was clearly not a goal. I was pretty sure I could see the shadow faintly on the goalline, and hardly any of the ball had crossed the line.

147491[/snapback]

Was the sun position exactly in the middle of the sky though? :razz:

I thought it was strange they didn't have cameras postioned for this sort of thing.