Carr in part-ex

Scottish Mag

Newcastle are willing to let Steve Carr leave St James's Park this summer.

The former Tottenham right-back is unsettled on Tyneside and has designs on a move back south.

And United boss Glenn Roeder could attempt to include Carr as a makeweight in a deal for Fulham midfielder Steed Malbranque.

Jermain Defoe is another potential target in a cash plus Carr deal, but it is unlikely that Spurs boss Martin Jol will be interested in taking the Irishman back to White Hart Lane.

Carr, now 29, arrived at Newcastle from Tottenham for £2 million in the summer of 2004 but has struggled to recapture his best form during an injury-affected two years.

Carr is far superior to Ramage tbh

147509[/snapback]

True, but neither are good enough. If we can replace him with someone better, I won't mind Carr leaving. I wouldn't actively try to sell him though.

Dont mind him going at all proving we're getting someone in to replace him.

148270[/snapback]

Or get them first, just in case.

148282[/snapback]

That sounds like far too logical a plan for us. I'm sure we're more likely to go for the 'sell him then try to get a replacement in for a fair price when everyone knows we're up shit creak' route as usual!