Luque has pay poser

Scottish Mag

Albert Luque has been told it will cost him £1.5 MILLION a year if he wants to end his Newcastle hell by joining Sevilla.

Luque would welcome a return to Spain after a nightmare maiden season in the Premiership.

United's new boss Glenn Roeder - who Luque holds partially responsible for his exclusion from Spain's World Cup squad - is willing to let the striker leave at the right place.

And Sevilla are keen to challenge Atletico Madrid and Real Zaragoza for Luque's signature.

But the 28-year-old has learned that the newly crowned UEFA Cup winners are only prepared to pay him half of his current £60,000 a week salary.

It also remains to be seen whether any club will offer Newcastle a respectable return on their £9.5 million investment in a player who made just six Premiership starts last season.

only 6 premiership starts? Thought it was more than that

147495[/snapback]

He only played 90 minutes in total under Roeder, spread out across about 6 games. Still, that's been more than enough for the NUFC faithful to decide he's shit. :razz:

147495[/snapback]

He only played 90 minutes in total under Roeder, spread out across about 6 games. Still, that's been more than enough for the NUFC faithful to decide he's shit. :(

147528[/snapback]

Not really a man beating winger or a prolific goalscorer, a creative forward of the strolling La Liga kind.

*Cue someone posting higlights video* :P

147495[/snapback]

He only played 90 minutes in total under Roeder, spread out across about 6 games. Still, that's been more than enough for the NUFC faithful to decide he's shit. :P

147528[/snapback]

Dont forget they did see him in training where he was allegedly uninterested on a daily basis.

:(

147495[/snapback]

He only played 90 minutes in total under Roeder, spread out across about 6 games. Still, that's been more than enough for the NUFC faithful to decide he's shit. :P

147528[/snapback]

Dont forget they did see him in training where he was allegedly uninterested on a daily basis.

148982[/snapback]

They say he enjoys his football, so who are we to quibble. :P

Same as Boumsong, his salary could prevent a move elsewhere.

149016[/snapback]

To be fair i think Boumsong would easly take a pay cut if needed. :(

149016[/snapback]

149021[/snapback]

Why? Because he wants to go back to France?

147495[/snapback]

147528[/snapback]

148982[/snapback]

They say he enjoys his football, so who are we to quibble. :P

148984[/snapback]

So do I, but it doesn't mean I'm any fucking good at it.

149016[/snapback]

149021[/snapback]

Why? Because he wants to go back to France?

149022[/snapback]

To me he just comes across as someone who generally is in it for the football.

I know nowt about what he's like in all honesty but I know going home would mean a big pay cut which I see as a potential stumbling block. I bet he's on a bigger wage than the best payed player in France.

Another example of journo's putting a negative spin though. If Luque genuinely wants to stay and fight for his place people will still say it's only for the money. Harper does the same and it's his love for the club...nowt to do he'd get nowhere near as big a club as Newcastle or wage if he were to go.