Walcott suffers calf injury scare

khay

Why has he taken this lad?  Has anyone worked it out yet?

149573[/snapback]

I know I am in the minority but I think its a great decision to take Walcott. He isnt going to start but if youve got to ten minutes to go and you want one last throw of the dice then Bent or Defoe are a complete waste of time. But throw some teenager who nobody has ever heard of who can run 100 metres in 10 seconds and you might just create enough confusion for something to happem

149605[/snapback]

I would understand your point if he was using him, but I don't see Sven chancing him against one of the big sides in the knockouts. He's already pretty much admitted that having seen him more regularly in training, he doesn't think he's ready. Might have been an idea to do that before you picked him, Sven. ;)

149573[/snapback]

I know I am in the minority but I think its a great decision to take Walcott. He isnt going to start but if youve got to ten minutes to go and you want one last throw of the dice then Bent or Defoe are a complete waste of time. But throw some teenager who nobody has ever heard of who can run 100 metres in 10 seconds and you might just create enough confusion for something to happem

149605[/snapback]

I would understand your point if he was using him, but I don't see Sven chancing him against one of the big sides in the knockouts. He's already pretty much admitted that having seen him more regularly in training, he doesn't think he's ready. Might have been an idea to do that before you picked him, Sven. ;)

149614[/snapback]

When he was pressed on the matter he blamed Wenger. :D

149573[/snapback]

149605[/snapback]

149614[/snapback]

He wouldnt be a surprise weapon if he had already used him :D

I don't think the taking or not taking of Walcott is the issue. It's only taking 4 strikers given the injury problems that Owen and Rooney have had that seems daft. I agree with Spongebob about Bent and Defoe though, especially at this level.

I don't think the taking or not taking of Walcott is the issue. It's only taking 4 strikers given the injury problems that Owen and Rooney have had that seems daft. I agree with Spongebob about Bent and Defoe though, especially at this level.

149637[/snapback]

He certainly could have left Jenas at home and taken another striker, but its fairly certain they wouldnt have aeen any action so theres not really any point.

149573[/snapback]

149605[/snapback]

I would understand your point if he was using him, but I don't see Sven chancing him against one of the big sides in the knockouts. He's already pretty much admitted that having seen him more regularly in training, he doesn't think he's ready. Might have been an idea to do that before you picked him, Sven. :D

149614[/snapback]

He wouldnt be a surprise weapon if he had already used him :(

149630[/snapback]

I don't know about anyone else, but Mr toonpants has actually changed my mind with his point. ;)